Part 10

Paige POV

The sound of mom calling my name woke me up. What time is it? Please let it not be morning yet.

"Paige, sweetheart you have someone on the line." mom said handling me the phone. I tried to open my eyes but I'm too sleepy.

"Yeah?" I groaned.

"Its from Sun's" she informs me. I don't remember knowing anyone named Suns.

"Wrong number." I said sleepily as I roll back to cover my head with a pillow.

"They said its about interview or something." Shit! I got up quickly and grab the phone from her covering the mouth piece.

"Why didn't you say so?" I scolded her. Mom just rolled her eyes and exit the room.

I cleared my throat as I bring the phone to my mouth to speak.

"Hello?"

"Is this Miss Paige Gomez?"

"Yeah, this is she." I croaked.

"This is John Parker from Sun's Publishing, we would like to invite you here in our office for an interview."

"Really? I mean sure."

"Are you available today at two in the afternoon?"

" Yes, I'll be there."

"Okay, good. I'll be sending you the details of our location."

"Thank you."

"See you later then."

Holy cow, this is it! Its still half past eight in the morning, just enough time to get ready. I start to panic.

"Mom, I have an interview" I shouted on my way downstairs.

"Where?"

"Its from a publishing company in London, you think dad could drive me?" I say.

"Of course sweetheart, I'll tell him later." she said as I went inside the bathroom. I start to practice what to say on my mind while taking the shower. I can do this, I should.

I'm almost set and ready to go by ten. My hands are shaking. I check myself in the mirror to make sure I look interview-ready. I'm wearing a blue peplum top paired with a white pencil skirt, a black pumps and a clutch big enough for my documents and other essentials. I spent time curling the tips of my hair, trying to make it look perfect. I'm nervous with this whole job hunting thing. Piece of cake pumpkin, my innerself says as she tries to boost my self-esteem.

I'm thankful dad agreed to drive me, I should have purchased the car earlier to avoid bothering them.

"You look gorgeous sweetheart." mom said as she walks us to the car.

"Thanks mom, wish me luck." I say hugging her.

"You don't need luck Paige, you'll get the job."

We wave her goodbye as dad and I hit the road.

"We can go back, you know." dad said.

"Funny dad."

"You don't need a job Paige." Between him and mom, he's the one who keeps on insisting that I work for them instead of working somewhere else.

"Lets not talk about this now dad." He just sighed and focus on the road.

"Last chance for you to back out." dad said as we arrive.