Let's talk about it

"I was made to be a weapon. What I did in the past is proof of that." Bucky was stilled conflicted and confused about all the baby talk. He tried to make the decision himself but the more he thought about it the more scared he became eventually he brought it up in one of his weekly therapy sessions and now they were discussing it.

"But that is what you did in the past and you weren't entirely in control of yourself back then. Now you are. You are in control of every decision you make for yourself and the consequences that come after it...Mr. Barnes, do you remember your time in Wakanda?"

"How could I not?" he laughed a bit leaning back and bring a nearby pillow to his chest. Of course, he remembers his time in Wakanda. The time that wasn't spent in the lab was spent in a small village. The villagers were kind and took care of him and he helped with whatever he could.

"I remember you talking about the children there you seemed to really enjoy spending time with them and were upset when you left. Why would having your children be different than that?"

"This child would be an infant. They're easier to break easier to fuck up. I don't want to scare them I don't want to hurt them. I just... I don't know if I'm cable of being a parent I don't know how to parent. some days I can barely take care of myself."

"Mr. Barnes, it seems that you have forgotten two very important people in your life. Your husband and wife -"

"Oh shit, I was supposed to have lunch with them I'm late." Bucky jumped up quickly finding his jacket and heading for the door " Can we finish this some other time?"

"Of course Mr. Barnes. Don't forget to talk about this with your Husband and wife. And remember to listen you're not the only in that boat " he stopped for a moment looking back at her realizing something.

"Thanks, doc" and with that, he was gone.
-

"Sorry, I'm late," Bucky said as he took a seat in the booth next to (y/n). They were having lunch in a nice old time dinner that they had found not too long ago.

"It's okay. How was your therapy session, good?" (Y/n) asked as she handed him a menu.

"good, good. um... I talked to her about the baby stuff. She said I'm not the same person as before and she suggested I listen more too you." The waitress came by and took their orders a bit aw struck with them but was conscious and functional enough to take their order. They didn't continue talking until their drinks arrived.

"So, I'm all ears . Whatever you have to say, whatever you want to discuss or bring up... I'm listening now" he said and then was met with awkward silences as he waited for them say something or bring something up. He was relieved Steve cleared his throat to speak.

"I guess you're kind of feeling like I felt when we got married sort of anyway. I was scared I was thinking about all the bad things that could happen all the 'what if's were running through my head a mile a minute. I was scared neither of you would show up, I was scared that you would show up and object, I was scared that we would get married and years down the line you guys would realize you don't need me or you loved each other more, I was scared that we'd divorce later, or one of you would cheat. I was scared of everything and felt like I wasn't ready. But then I would find one of you and see how happy you were and ... I wasn't scared anymore." Steve said smiling happily at both of them.

"Oh thank goodness it wasn't just me" (y/n) said throwing her hands up and laughing. " I was scared on our wedding day. Tony and Pepper had to talk me down. But I'm not scared of this or at least no fears have set in yet. I guess right now I'm just focused on the idea of buying those cute outfits to show off our child in. I'm just overzealous of the idea of a mini Bucky and Steve."

She stopped talking as their waitress brought their food. They thanked her and waited until she was gone and they were alone to talk again.

"But that's how it's supposed to go anyways right," Steve said " You date, propose, marriage then kids. In our case, we spent an extra long time dating. We've been married for nine months, our anniversary is in two months. I mean I'm okay with waiting I waited almost a hundred years for you two as long as I'm not waiting for another hundred for a kid I'm fine."

"So you're okay with waiting fifty years"

"I didn't say that now" Steve tossed a few fires at Bucky before digging into his burgers.

"I wasn't scared at our wedding. I trusted that the two of you wouldn't leave me."

"And I trust that neither of you are going to leave me as a single mom."

"We can talk more about this late on right now both of you need to eat." Steve said tossing more fires. Fortunately, Bucky caught these ones with his mouth.

-

(Y/n) was sitting on Steve's lap as the two had a very heated make out session with Steve's hands slowly climbing up the back of her shirt when Bucky came in startling both of them.

"HEY" he screamed coming in (Y/n) jumped out of Steve's lap and fixing herself " Hey I.... Why do you two look like you were just doing something you weren't suppose to? Anyways I've come to a decision and I- I would like to have children with you two."

"Really" (y/n) jumped up bringing him down with her on the couch o sit

"yes, I've come to realize that it doesn't matter when we have children that I'm going to be scared because children are scary. But that's okay there are thousand parenting books out there and even though I'm sure none of them are going to help I'll have you and Steve to help me along the way I won't be alone while doing this. I'm okay.... I'd like to have kids with you if that's okay"

"Oh Bucky, I'd love to have your babies." She hopped into his lap kissing him. Bucky moaned as she started to grind on him slowly.

"I guess practice makes perfect." Steve shrugs knowing he was completely forgotten he turned on the tv.