You can keep her

"what do you remember?" They had been questioning her four hours she couldn't give full answers or stay focus. She didn't even understand some of the questions she couldn't remember but told them what she could.

"Mama came in the room with a man. She said she'd keep me. That's the first full memory I don't remember anything before. Sorry"

"that's okay sweetheart, that's good." Steve took her hand and squeezed it tight. (y/n) took a deep breath " I was with Hydra first they- they always messed with my brain... I was always cold, they always poked at me, there were always doctors, they were always cutting me... Stevie they wouldn't let me sleep I- I couldn't I couldn't sleep"

Bucky went around the table and pulled (y/n) into a tight hug. Steve looked up at the camera and shook his head this integration was over for today. Bucky held her tight and wiped her tears away.

"come on"

Bucky picked her up and left the room in their ear coms they could faintly hear the teams protest. Steve pulled his and Bucky's ear coms out. Bucky took (y/n) to his room "I've got her you go" Bucky said as laid (y/n) on his bed "she'll be here when you get back". Steve was hesitation at first but quickly let so he could return quicker.

"is it just me or does Steve and Barnes have a deeper relationship with this girl than said" it was the first thing Steve heard when he walked in the room and of course it was Tony who said it.

"you are right our relationship isn't what I said it was. I've known her since grade school. I met her before Bucky. Actually, I met Bucky because of her. We were ... we were best friends in separate. When the war started she was the first us to go, drafted as a nurse. Two months later Bucky enlisted. We didn't find each other again until 1943 When I raid my first Hydra base and found them with the rest of the 107th. She was an unofficial member of the Howling Commandos. Did missions with us. Last I heard from her... I was going under. I told Howard to take care of her for me but she died in 1946-"

"apparently not, Because if you didn't notice she's in Bucky's room," Sam said

"Yeah, Hydra got to her too. They left nothing untouched" Steve said.

She didn't die a peaceful death but he thought she was out of harm's way. In death at least she was away from Hydra and with people who cared. But that was not the case. For 70 years she was unloved, uncared for, and in pain. This was not what he wanted for neither Bucky or (y/n). While he was taking a 70 years nap they were in 70 years pain.

"Rogers!"

"Yeah, sorry, could you repeat that"

"I don't trust her we should put her back in that cell"

"and that's why Tony doesn't make decisions." Natasha said "she actually seems a bit mentally impaired, no offense Steve. I believe it is best if Steve and James watched her. She seems to like and trust them." Vision said

"I beg to differ she is not harmless she is extremely harmful," Clint says pointing to his bruised chin.

"suck it up, Clint. I'm on the whole leaving her with Bucky and Steve. We can finish integrating her tomorrow" Natasha agreed with vision.

"Alright so it's settled she is yours and Barnes responsibility. Don't let her out of your sight" and with that Fury left. Steve looked at Tony everyone else was okay with her around and didn't really care he was the only one who wasn't on board.

Tony sighed "Fine you can keep her, but you'll clean up after her".

Steve smiled that was all he wanted.

vote, comment, let me know you exist