The Train

So cold.

The snow was heavy and left everyone in thick coats. But even in her thick coat (y/n) clung to Steve and Bucky for warmth.

"remember when I made you ride the cyclone at Coney Island" Bucky looked down and over the cliffed

"Yeah and I threw up" Steve looked up at the wire that attached itself to the cliff and mountain

"this isn't paid back is it"

"Now why would I do that" Steve smiled a mischievous smile and winked at (y/n). She remembered that day she didn't ride that ride no matter how much Bucky Begged. Steve, on the other hand, fell for Bucky's charm. She ended up giving him a 'told you so' look when Stev came out throwing up.

"let's get going because they're moving like the devil," James says as he spots the train through his binoculars. Steve was the first to go, then Bucky, and (y/n).

She was supposed to go with Gabe but couldn't bring herself to part with Steve and Bucky she would take her punishment later but right now something wasn't right, something was wrong and she was afraid to leave their side she wasn't going to leave their side.Following behind them (y/n) ignored their looks of protest and continued on gun held high, she wasn't leaving.

"STEVE!!!" (y/n) screamed when a door closed separating the carts, someone began to fire at them Bucky and (y/n) took cover and began firing back but ran out of bullets. The two looked when Steve opened the cart doors tossing Bucky a gun he ramped into a box and Bucky shot the person.

"I had him on the ropes," Bucky said

"No you didn't" (y/n) corrected.

"Get down" Steve screamed pushing (y/n) and Bucky out of the way a large blast blew everyone back and the wall of the train off. Bucky was the first one back up and picked up Steve's shield and was blasted off the train.

"BUCKY" (y/n) and Steve screamed. Steve pushed (y/n) out of the way and reached for Bucky " Hang on. Grab my hand" Steve stretched out as far as he could but he couldn't reach "NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO" as she watched Bucky fall.

Steve crawled back into the train and for a moment he just stood there (y/n) just sat there looking at the mountain and the snow past by. Steve picked up his mask and shield and walked right past (y/n).

It felt colder than before.

Everyone gave Steve and (y/n) their condolences and distance for them to grieve. Neither of them cried in front of anyone. Steve was the Captain and could not be seen crying he was hope. (y/n), it hadn't sunken yet she was still processing it. She was alone in their tent by the time she completely processed it she got up and began to look for Steve.

Alone in the woods curled against a tree he cried. (y/n) found and hugged him they cried together. They cried for their heartbreak, they cried for their love, their lost, their pain, each other, they cried for their Bucky. Oh, they sobbed for their Bucky.

It was so cold.