Visiting hours

The days go by slow and then slower. She sat in this hospital bed going on week three now. Of course she wouldn't have it any other way. If laying in the bed meant keeping their triplets safe then that's what she would do.

FP worked all day. He would stop in as much as possible. Coming in the morning before work, at his break and lunch, and then for dinner. He was lucky some days when the nurses let him stay and Alice actually let him.

She was moved into a private suit considering she had been their for awhile now. Alice almost had to deliver one baby, but the doctors were able to keep all three in.

"So I heard you might go back into Trendelenburg." FP smirked walking into his wife's room with a Pops milkshake.

"If you ever speak that into the universe again I will beat you when I'm done having these babies." Alice huffed and took the shake from him. "Dad stop messing with her." Charles chuckled following behind him.

"The nurses said you are doing great considering the contractions last week." He sat on Alices bed. "Well I'll at least have one honest boy in the house." She winked and hugged him.

"Excuse me, your husbands right here." FP gawked. "I'm not dealing with you right now." Alice glared at him. She hated laying downward and would do anything to get out of it.

"So baby, how was school?" She asked adjusting the pillows behind her for the 100th time that day.

"It was ok. Just school. Dad did make me an awesome lunch though." Charles smirked at his father. FP's eyes blinked over with fear. Alice is going to kill him.

"What was it?" She smiled assuming her husband had taken good care of her lunch system. "Pops." He giggled. "Forsythe! Have you forgotten we make our kid a lunch!" She growled at him.

"I'm sor..."
"Ouch." Alice winced holding her stomach. "What What happened? Contraction?" FP quickly met her bedside.

"I have three babies in me...it just hurts a little more when they kick at the same time."

FP looked up at her monitor seeing her BP (blood pressure) rise. "Your sure that's all?" FP asked. Shifting his eyes outside the door signaling Charles to get a nurse.

"Yes FP I'm...shit."
The nurse walked in the room checking her monitor. "Alice..." she looked at her with a sad smile.

"No not again." Alice cried. "I can't go into that position again." She whimpered. "Hey baby it's ok. I'll stay tonight and take Charles to Fred and Mary..."
"No. You guys go home and eat. I'm fine alone." She whispered.

She motioned Charles to come give her a hug goodbye and then FP.

"I'll see you tomorrow mom." He kissed her cheek and walked out. "I'll see you bright and early. I don't care if your mad. I love you." He kissed her head backing away before she grabbed his collar. "I love you too." She kissed him sweetly laying back down.
~~
The morning arrived quickly for FP...Alice however never went to sleep. "How we doing this morning mama?" FP asked seeing her stare at the tv.
"Tired." She mumbled facing him. "Didn't sleep?" He asked rubbing her stomach. She shook her head no and reached out for him.

"I can't really lay with you babe." He sighed. FP hated seeing Alice suffer. "Here scoot over." He sat next to her on the bed. He grabbed her hands holding them close.

"How much longer?" She whispered drifting off to sleep. "Your at 34 weeks. The babies can come anytime, but we would like them to stay in just a little longer." FP whispered rubbing his thumbs on her hands.

This is what he wished for. Peaceful and calm. If she could stay this calm and comfortable through the next week or so it would be amazing. "Well I hope they come today cause I'm over this." She mumbled into the pillow.

FP chuckled. This is the woman he loves for sure. He sat there not planning on leaving anytime soon. He took work off from now on Incase the babies decide it's time to come.
~~
"She's asleep." Charles whispered turning backward toward Mary. She had offered to pick him up from school for FP. "Thanks Mary." FP smiled hugging Charles.

"It was no problem. Plus it was an excuse to see her. I know she doesn't want many visitors." Mary smiled and sat on a chair. Alice stirred hearing people talking.

"Hey mom." Charles smiled sitting right next to her. "Hi baby." She smiled sleepily. "Hi mommy to be." Mary smiled walking into Alices vision. "Hi stranger."

"I brought Charles over. I hope it's ok if I stayed." Mary smiled and started to dig something out of her purse.

"I'm going to give you these and then head out." She had three little pink onesies.

They said,
I'm the oldest.
I'm in the middle.
I'm the youngest.

"These are adorable thank you Mary." Alice smiled and grabbed her hand. "I figured some extra clothes wouldn't hurt." She winked and said her goodbyes.

"Babe I just want to tell you that I am officially on paternity leave." FP cheekily smiled. He has waited the whole pregnancy to say it.

"Well I should be mad...but I'm glad you'll be here all day now." She smiled reaching out for him. "Anything for my babies." He kissed her lips then Charles head.

"Does that mean I get to stay home too?" He looked between his parents hoping for a yes.

"No." They both said laughing after. "But aunt Mary or uncle Fred will get you after school or during if I go into labor." Alice winked and held her to boys as close as she could.