Grandma Smith pt.3

After the mall we went to Pops to eat some lunch.  I sat down in the booth while my mom went to the bathroom.  I got a text from Fp: "Hey I need to talk to you.  Can I meet you somewhere?"
"Ya I am at Pops right now with my mom, if you don't mind her comments." I was looking at my phone when my mother sat down.  "Alice get off your phone please it's rude." "For you information mom I just invited your favorite person to lunch with us." I smiled and Fp texted me back.  "On my way.  Hope I am not intruding." I text back "Your not see you soon." I tucked my phone in my purse and looked out the window.  "What are you looking at?" Grandma asked me. "Oh just waiting for Fp.  He said we needed to talk." i looked back at her a little nervous.  "Did you tell him I was here?" She asked.  "Yes why?" "Well then stop being nervous.  You know he wouldn't hurt you in front of me.  I don't think he would ever hurt you anyway." Grandma smiled and rubbed her thumb over my cheek.  "Thanks mom." I smiled at her.  The bell rang above the door, signaling Fp was here.  I looked up from my mom and smiled when I saw him smiling back at me.  "Hey Ali." He smiled sitting next to me.  "Hey Jones.  So, what did we need to talk about?" I asked taking his hand into mine.  Placing them on my lap.  "It's good news.  I talked to Gladys and it's over." He smiled.  "Really how did she take it?" I asked "Well actually good.  She already knew about our whole past because of Hal." "Oh when the hell did he even have time to see her?" I asked thinking back.  "Well you did kick him out." Fp chuckled.  "Anyway I am glad she understands." "Ya me two, but now we have the kids." I said sadly.  "Hey it will be ok.  We don't have to tell them right away." He wrapped his arm around me.  I nodded into his chest. "Ok I know I don't know everything that happened in your past.  Is there something I should know about?" Grandma asked looking between me and Fp.  I looked up into Fp's eyes then into hers.  "Well....we um...I was pregnant before we broke up." My moms facial expression went from serious to shocked in seconds.  "What happened to it?" Grandma asked and  Fp placed his hand onto my thigh.  "She um had a miscarriage and I got drunk and we fought.  Which is why we broke up in the first place." I could see his eyes start to get a little watery. "Hey thats the past no need to cry now." I smiled and kissed his cheek.  We held onto each others hands tight.  "Well Fp I can trust you will bring her home safe I am going to head off." Grandma smiled and got up from the booth.  "Ok mom see you later." I smiled and lent into Fp's chest.  After we finished my milkshake we started to head to my house.  We parked in the driveway and saw Jug's motorcycle.  "We should tell them." I blurted out taking Fp's hand.  "Are you ready Ali?" Fp asked looking at me.  "Might as well have our children hate us now instead of later." I smiled slightly.  "Ok I am ready when you are." I gave him a quick kiss and then we made our way inside. The kids were sitting on the couch with my mom.  "Hi kids, hi mom." I sat down on the couch with Fp beside me.  "Jug has your mom talk to you today?" Fp asked. "Uh ya actually she told me everything.  I can't say I was surprised." Jug said as Betty leaned into him.  "Jug I'm sorry I just...my heart belongs to someone else." "What do you mean someone else?" He asked looking at Fp then glanced at me.  "Jughead what he means is your father and Alice have always loved each other.  He loved your mother don't get me wrong." Grandma said putting herself into the conversation. "What!?" The kids said in unisine.  Betty and Jughead walked right out the door after that.  "Mom we were trying to explain it a little better than that." I said putting my face into my hands. "Alice things would have just got more complicated the more you try to beat around the bush." "She's right Ali. Like you said. I would rather them hate us now than later." Fp said grabbing my waist to bring me into his lap. "I said They might as Well hate us now, not I would like them to hate us now. I would rather then not hate us at all, but your right." I laid my head into the crook of his neck and cuddled my body into him. "They will adjust I promise Ali." Fp said running his fingers through my hair.  I picked my head up off his shoulders and leaned in for a kiss. It was soft and comfortable. "I will be upstairs." Grandma said walking up the stairs. I broke the kiss and watched my mom walk up the stars. "Can we go to our old bar I need a drink." I asked Fp with pleading eyes. "What would the kids think if we came home drunk at a time like this." Fp smiled. "I won't get drunk I promise." I stuck out my bottom lip. "Ok let's go." I smiled and moved off his lap. Grabbing my purse and his keys. "Your driving?" Fp asked me. "No I just know you will hurry up if I grab some of your things." I smirked and got into the truck. We made our way into the bar and ordered a couple shots of tequila. We only ordered a few, so we wouldn't become totally wasted. "Want to dance?" I asked him taking his hand and leading him to the dance floor. "Well I'm already here so. I don't really have a choice." Fp smiled and placed his hands on my hips. I turned around so my back was facing him and moved my hips along to the music. If it were even possible by the end of the song we were closer. We stayed out on the dance floor for awhile then went back to the bar.

Betty's POV
After me and Jug calmed down from the news that our parents just bombarded us we decided to go back home to talk. We walked in the front door and no one was home. "Hello grandma Mom is anyone home?" I yelled. "I'm home honey." Grandma yelled  coming down the stairs. "Is mom home and Fp we would like to talk to them?" I asked. "Um they were home they must have left. If you have any questions I can probably answer them." "Ok." Jughead said taking a seat on the couch. "Um when did they start dating?  Like in high school." Jug asked. "They started dating the end of freshman year or sometime during the summer. They never really put a label on each other. Everyone just knew you don't mess with them." "Wow, so they were close. Like really close?" I asked sitting up straight. "Yes sweetie they love each other always have. They...there probably going to hate me for saying this, but... no I shouldn't." "Please grandma Smith it would help us process this." Jughead looked at her with hope.  "Well not only were they close your mom she...she was pregnant with his child." Grandma said waiting for our reaction. My mouth dropped along with Jugheads. "They were...she was. What happened?" Jughead asked. "She um had a miscarriage and then they fought. Fp got drunk and that's what ended their relationship." "Wow there story sounds like it wasn't supposed to end." Jughead surprisingly said. "Your ok with them together?" I asked turning to face him. "I mean if something like that happened to us. I know years later I would want to be with you. I love you Betty and from what it sounds like he loved your mom to." Jughead said taking my hand into his. "It is going to be weird, but I think I can handle it." We smiled a small smile at each other. "So are we ok with it all now?" Grandma asked getting our attention. "Ya we are grandma. Thank you for explaining it to us. Without it I Don't think we would like the idea very much." I smiled and got up to hug her. "Why don't you call your mom and we can all talk face to face?" Grandma suggested. "Ya I will right now." I grabbed Jugs hand and pulled him up to my room. "I'm going to call my mom so stay quiet." I said to Jug setting down on the bed. I dialed my moms number waiting for her to answer.

(Authors note) there is most likely going to be one more part to this one shot.