Grandparents

It was the traditional Smith family reunion this weekend. Well it's not really a reunion, the only family I have is my mom and dad. They come a couple times a year, but they specifically come this weekend because Hal is on his annual buddy fishing trip. My mom liked Hal because he gave me another life out of the South Side, but my dad is a different story. He was co-leader of the serpents. When he heard I was leaving the serpents to live with Hal I thought I was going to kill him. We used to be really close, but ever since I left our relationship has never been the same. I didn't mind the little trips they make here, but that also means my mother's nagging and smart comments and then my dad trying to protect me. He may be upset with me, but I am still his little girl.

"Betty your grandparents will be here any minute where is Jughead?" I yelled at Betty who was upstairs. "He will be here any second. He is probably nervous." Betty came downstairs helping me tighten up the living room. "He should be." I mumbled under my breath. *door bell*
"I'll get it." Betty opens the door to find Jughead and Fp. "Hey Juggy, hi Mr.Jones." Betty smiled welcoming them in. "Hey Betty, Alice." Fp nodded at me. "Well I just came to drop Jughead off. Good luck Alice." Fp chuckled heading towards the door. I watched him walk out to find my parents on the other side of the door.

"Oh Fp, what a surprise. I haven't seen you since senior year." My dad said giving Fp a hug. "Hello Mr.Smith it's good to see you and you Mrs.Smith lovely as ever." "Thank you Forsythe." She smiled politely and walked further into the house. I heard Jughead and Betty whispering to each other. "Why is my dad being so polite?" "I don't know he's your dad." They shrugged their shoulders and decided to leave it. "Well how are the serpent's doing?" My Dad asked. This couldn't go anywhere good. "Hunny why don't you catch up with Fp tomorrow. I'm sure he will go to Pops with you for lunch. Today we are here for our grandchildren." My mom took my father's arm and lead him into the living room.

"Ok hunny. See you tomorrow Fp, say 12:30?" "I'll be there. See you tomorrow." And with that Fp left the house for good this time. I mouthed 'thank you' and she just gave me a weird look back. "So Betty how have you been sweetie." My Dad asked sitting with my mom. "I have been good grandpa. I would actually like you to meet someone." Betty pulled Jughead off the couch. "This is Jughead my boyfriend." "Well hello son. You look really familiar." Grandpa scratched his head. "Well Fp is my dad." Jughead shyly spoke. "Well history repeats itself doesn't it." Grandma laughed joined by grandpa.

"Mom." I shook my head. "What do you mean?" Betty asked. "Oh..um..nevermind.  What are we having for lunch Alice?" She questioned trying to move on. "Why don't you come help me." I basically drug her into the kitchen. "You haven't told her!" Grandma whispered sternly. "No." I sighed. "Well your father is going to tell worse stories than me." She laughed looking back into the living room. "I knew this was going to happen." I hid my head in my hands. "Why do you care so much?" "Because lately I have been apologizing to the serpents for all the bad talking and...I may have..apologized to him..personally." I closed my eyes waiting for a slap across my arm. "What!" I opened my eyes to see a smiling mom.

"What about Hal?" "He has been cheating on me with Penelope Blossom." I sighed not really wanting to get into it. "Why the hell haven't you left him yet?" She questioned looking at me like I'm dumb. "Because of the girls mom."  "Betty will understand and Polly isn't even here, where is she I wanted to meet the twins." My Mom pouted. "Who knows she leaves all time and won't answer my calls." I sighed again. Wow my life is really sad right now. "So, about this apologizing. How many times?" My Mom smirked. "Mom really?" "I'm just curious. I worry about my daughter." She still was smirking.

"Well curiosity killed the cat and you don't need to worry about my sex life." I walked out of the kitchen to take some drinks into the living room. "Thank you Mom.  Grandpa was just telling us about your serpent days." Betty smiled knowing it bothered me. "Well Dad nothing inappropriate I hope." "Nonsense. Jughead already knows everything that happens there, so what would be inappropriate. Unless you were just the inappropriate one." My Dad smirked. "What my mom, be inappropriate. No way." Betty laughed with Jughead. "You know so little about your mother Elizabeth." My Dad chuckled and I hit him walking into the kitchen.