They are ok with it pt.1

20 years of marriage down the drain.  Today is the day I am leaving Hal for good.  I had kicked him out of the house for weeks now, but we never finished the divorce papers.  Since Hal was not living at the house anymore I have become a little more in touch with my southside roots.  These roots involved a certain person names Fp Jones.  Yes we had a history, but our kids were dating and I didn't think he had feelings for me considering the way I left things with him back then.  We became friends again and hung around each other when the kids were at Pops or having dinner.  He was the one to push me into signing the papers.  Today me and betty were meeting Hal outside the courthouse.  "Hi sweetie, Alice." He shyly smiled and opened the door for us.  After an hour of arguing about money and the register we found an agreement.  We would both still be working at the register whether he liked it or not.  While we walked out of the courthouse we were greeted by Jughead and Fp.  "Hey Jug." Betty said hugging him.  "Hey you ok?" He asked lightly pulling away.  "Ya I think it's best for my mom." I glanced over at Fp and quickly changed the kids subject.  She doesn't need to worry about me.  "Hey let's go to Pops for lunch."  Fp gave me a smile and chimed in before the kids could. "Ya that's sounds great me and Jug will meet you there." He started to head to the truck, but it turns out the kids had other plans. "Hey Mom can I take your car and you ride with Fp because me and Juggy have a surprise we want to take with us." Betty smiled shyly with an almost devious smile on her lips. "Um....sure I guess just don't be to long." I handed Betty the keys and got into Fps truck. "So...I'm officially divorced." I looked over to Fp who kept his eyes on the road. "Ya. Are you happy about it?" He asked. "Well ya kinda. It feels like a burden being lifted off my shoulders you know. Like I can be me without his approval or is input on everything I do." I shyly smiled and started out the window. "I'm sorry he treated you like that." Fp said putting his hand on my knee. I started down at his hand and placed mine over it. "Why are you apologizing. He tried to and did control me." I looked at his face again hoping he would look over at me, But also scared of making eye contact. "I could have done something. I could have fought for you." He shrugged his shoulders glancing at me making eyes contact for only a second. "Fp...." "No Alice I'm serious I could, should have done something. I loved you Ali and I don't know what I was thinking when I let you walk away." I could see his knuckles turn white as he gripped the steering wheel . When we were younger when he was trying to hold his emotion in he would grip onto something to stop from crying. "Stop the car." I put my hand onto his thigh. "What?" He asked giving a quick look towards me. "I asked you to stop the car." He listens this time and pulled over. "I want to show you something." I got out of the truck and made my way into the woods heading towards Sweetwater River. "Wait Alice!" Fp followed quickly after me. By the time he caught up I was sitting on the secluded bank of the river. When we would fight or go through a tough time we would come here to escape and be with each other. "Why did you bring me here Alice?" Fp questioned sitting down next to me. "I need to be away from the world for a moment. Like back in high school." I leaned into his shoulder and closed my eyes. "The kids are probably at Pops." Fp said as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "I know, but they can wait." I nuzzled my head deeper into Fps side. "You know this is where we had our first kiss." I smiled at the memory. "Ya I was going to shit my pants." Fp and I laughed. "Why?" "Why?...because You were, are the most beautiful person I have ever seen and for you to show interest in me. That was like a dream." Fp smiled and looked deep into my eyes. "Fp... don't shit your pants again ok." I smiled at his confused look and leaned in. The kiss was soft at first. I moved myself to where I was almost straddling his waist. "Wait Alice..." I cut him off. "What the kids, they will get over it." We smiled at each other and leaned in for another passionate kiss. When the kiss broke it was silent. The only noise was the birds and our lungs gasping for air. We smiled like lovesick fools at each other. Just gazing into each other's eyes like nothing has changed. "If we are going to do this we need to do it right." He said grabbing my hand and playing with it. "No secrets no lying. Even if we are protecting one another. We tell each other what we are doing and going. Ok? I don't want to make the same mistakes again." Fp moved his other hand up to my cheek rubbing it. "I promise and this goes both ways." I said holding my hand around his wrist. "I promise." We leaned in for one more kiss then decided to head to Pops. When we arrived the kids were inside in a booth. "What took you guys so long?" Jughead asked as we sat across in the booth from them. "We..uh.." Fp studered. "I needed to grab something from the house really quick." I smiled at the kids. "So what was the surprise you had to go get?" I asked changing the subject.