Chapter 3

*Picture of Celine*

Julia's POV

     I woke up feeling satisfied and happy that Gregory no longer worried about our sex life.
     I got out of bed and did my daily routine
     .......
     At 8:30, Gregory and Chantal had left home and I was left to do my work
     I got my laptop and immediately began working

Gregory's POV

     I was at work 5 minutes early and had time to check up on Celine
     I felt like I had to check up on her for some reason
     I went to check up on her but as soon as I got close to the door, I heard bickering. I opened the door and found one of the nurses being rude to Celine simply because she asked what the name of the medicine she was being given was.
     She had refused to take the medicine and turned to sleep on her left hand side, backing the door. The hospital gown she was wearing had shifted to reveal her jeans shorts(which was too low and revealed her black thongs) and her black bra. At the sight of these I felt my pants become tighter.
     I cleared my throat"Ahem" and asked "what's going on here" as if I didn't already know. Hearing my voice Celine sat up, I greeted her a good morning and she answered with a "Good morning to you too, I'm glad you came, I think some nurses in this hospital didn't receive proper training"
     I asked her what made her say that and she told me everything I already knew, I apologized to her and gave her the medicine, told her what it was and what it does to her and she took it. I promised to make sure the nurse will behave from then on.

A Week Later

     Celine and I have been meeting outside the hospital after she got discharged and I enjoyed her company a lot.
     I learnt a lot about her like the fact that she had no friends and was a workaholic. She was an entrepreneur who had started her business from a small convenience store and now owned really big shops and malls all over the country. She was a very strict boss, who hated people who didn't do their work properly or early enough. She's always early and hates lateness. She lost both her parents in a car crash when she turned 19 so, she had her fair share of a hard life.
     For some reason, whenever I met up with Celine after work, I felt the need to lie to Julia about where I went.

     A Month Later

     I continued seeing Celine and I now preferred her company to that of my own wife and didn't see anything wrong with it.
     Diego keeps on telling me to stop spending time with Celine but it's just a normal friendship. Who says a married man cannot have female friends?
     I'm meeting Celine at a bar after work today so I need to tell Diego to tell Julia that I'm at his house if she calls him.
     .......
     Immediately my alarm beeped 4:30, I got up to go to Diego's office.
     I barged into his office and found Diego getting ready to leave. "Hey, man" I greeted him
     "Hey, what's up" he replied not really wanting to know what's up
     "Um...I wanted to go see Celine today, so, I was wondering...."
     "You're still meeting that girl" he cuts me off
     "Well, yeah, but just as a friend. You make it sound like I'm dating her"
     "Okay, so,what do you need?" He asks
     "Great, I need you to tell Julia, if she calls you, that I'm at your house" I tell him
     "Exactly"
     "Exactly what?" I ask
     He sighs "why do you need to lie to Julia if it's not wrong to be meeting your former patient outside the hospital?" He asks
     "That's because she won't understand" I tell him
     "Exactly, only you understands, even...even..Sarah..Celia..."
     "Celine"
     "Yeah, I'm sure even Celine will not understand if you asked her. Did you even remember to tell her you're married?"he asks
     "Well, not yet, it just hasn't come up" I say
     "It hasn't come up???, whatever, man" he gives up "....just think about it for a while, will you?"
     "Yeah, I will, just tell Julia I'm with you, okay?"
     "Okay, just remember, Julia doesn't deserve to be cheated on"
     "Yeah, I know, I'm not cheating on her"
     "Okay, let's go" he says and we leave together
     .......
     I arrived at the bar before Celine and decided to order a drink
     Celine arrives 10 minutes later, in a black suit with a light blue singlet inside and black heels with a black bag. She had her hair up in a bun. Showing that she came from work.
     I get up to greet her a good evening and kiss her cheeks, she did the same with a beautiful smile that made her look prettier than ever.
     We sit down and I tell her she looks pretty in her office clothes which of course she didn't believe.
     She sighs and says " Gregory, I've only known you a month but you've made me smile in a month more than I've smiled in the last 7 years"
     I smile " you are a wonderful person, Celine, if you just lighten up and give people a chance, you'll find that you will be happier"
     "Thanks, you know, since my parents died, I became a sadist, I became engrossed in my school work to forget my pain and in a way that turned out good, I graduated first class in Fordham University, New York and now I own big, successful shopping malls all over the country" 
     "You can leave all that behind, find the right man and settle down maybe even have a baby or two" I try encourage her ".....all you have to do is loosen up a bit"
     She smiles "Do you think I'm beautiful?" She asks
     "Of course you are" I assure her
     "Do you think any man would want me?" She asks clearly underestimating herself
     "Any man that sees you will fall at your feet if you want him to, he will fall that hard in love with you" I try to lighten up the mood and she smiles slightly
     I wait for her to speak but she doesn't, so I continue "Celine, you've got everything a man could want, beauty, intelligence, independence, good heart, everything a man could want even more, hell, you've even got a perfect dress sense" I state and she giggles" So, never underestimate yourself, okay?"
     "Gregory" she says looking down as she fiddles with her fingers, this is the first time she's not looking confident since I've known her
     "Yeah?" I answer
     "......during the one month, I've known you, I've fallen in love with you" she says looking into my eyes
     "What???" I ask in surprise, my voice a little higher
     "I have never felt for anyone what I feel for you" she says
     "Celine, I...I...I'm..." I stutter
     "No, wait" she cuts me off " don't say anything yet, I know you may not feel the same way but just give us a chance, I'll do everything humanly possible,  I'll make you fall in love" she pleads
     "Celine" I say not knowing what to say next "I h...ha..have"
     "No, don't tell me you can't date me" she puts both hands on her head squeezing and shaking like she has a deadly headache and sobs and repeats "don't, don't say you can't date me" now full on crying
     "Celine" I say and reach out to touch her, she pulls away
     "No, don't, don't touch me" she says getting up, she picks her bag and dashes for the door
     "Celine" I yell worried that she might do something, I follow her. I see her getting into her car while her driver drives off. I get into my car and follow them.