To Worship A God: Part 1

Hey Guys! I know it's been a long time since I've written Ereri but I finally feel ready to start up again! I really appreciate all the support my old and new followers have given me especially when my Ereri Chronicals was taken down! Thank you all for your love and support! I will be updating this book as often as possible but I won't put a time limit on it because life can get in the way! I will always have a warning at the beginning of each chapter but in general the warnings will most likely always be the same unless theres smut or mentions of triggering scenes like the death of a character for example! Regardless please enjoy this story Im putting a lot of energy and time into this story! I love you all!

ENJOY!

Warning ⚠️: Mild bad language. Mild mental abuse. Long chapter.

December 25th 0827

The snow fell heavily over the kingdom of the three walls. Families huddled inside their houses and snuggled under the warmth of the fires. On this gracious day gifts were exchanged...Most were given wooden toys, some hand made clothes and others pieces of delicious fruit which lay beside their fireplaces. However in the Wall of Maria a simple farmer and his wife had just sat down to their Christmas dinner. This year they had fattened out a large turkey and were grateful that famine hadn't struck their land. They sat at the table candles lit as their stomachs ached for food. Before they tucked into their wondrous meal they began to pray.

'Bless us Lord for the food we are about to eat...We bless you for keeping our crops and animals healthy in this time of great struggle...'

The farmer says as he held his wife's hand.

'We bless you for given us good health and we bless that you give us the strength to have a beautiful child one day.'

The farmer continued every year they made one simple wish...They wished for a child...They had been together for six years and had been married around five years...They had originally planned for several children but six years down the line they still weren't pregnant.

'We thank you Lord for your kindness and compassion. We are forever your loving and faithful servants. Bless us oh Lord...'

He says his wife gives a loving smile as they both say,

'Amen.'

They then tuck into their meal eating till they had their fill of wine and food. It had been a wodnerful Christmas dinner.

'You really out did yourself Elizabeth.'

The farmer said to his wife,

'Oh nonsense Ed if it weren't for you taking such good care of the animals and our crops we wouldn't have had this wonderful meal.'

Ed smiled at his beautiful wife. He knew how badly she wanted a child and every time they tried they were meet with a negative result. However this had to be God's plan. Perhaps he felt they weren't ready to be parents... Or perhaps he was being punished for not praying enough...Either way he believed his God would either punish or reward him for his faith and he was fine with that.

'Regardless...Im glad the Lord was kind to us this year...I prayed to him that I'd have all our crops harvested before the snow began to fall and sure enough the Lord gave me the strength to do so.'

He says, Elizabeth smiles,

'Yes he truly did. Now...Let us retire for the night...It has been a tiring day.'

Christmas day and boxing day were the only days that farmers did not have to tend to their lands. Of course Ed would go out to quickly check on the animals in the barn but other than that he was going to relax by the fire with his wife.