Tape 1

I ran my fingers through the cold clear water of the river, small rocks collided with my finger tips and then disappeared back into the water.

It was a long river, it went on for miles before leading into a lake. Of course I've explored every inch of it, theres not much to look at but it's fun to splash around and get wet sometimes.
Today was a stressful day, at work, some idiot had walked passed me and knocked my hot cup of coffee all over my lap, I yelped and ran for the bathroom.

After that I got yelled at by a client over the phone for not hearing them right, I lost that client.

I work in a cubical..

Unfortunately.

So usually when I get stressed I come to the river to the back of my house and just relax as much as I can before I have to actually do my chores.

I sat down on the grassy ground and continued to let water fall from inbetween my fingers, I smiled and hummed in pleasure.
That's when i noticed something a dark grey blur floating about on the other side of the lake, I stood up and watched it more before quickly taking off my shoes and socks, and hopping into the lake.

I still have my work clothes on but it's just a little water.

I made sure to keep an good eye on it while chasing it, but my foot crashed into a rock and I yelled out while grabbing my foot. I had lost my balance and fell, the water wasn't deep but it was deep enough to get me almost completely soaked.

I giggled after realizing how ridiculous I looked, I sighed with a smile on my face while trying to walk again. The pain on my foot hurt so bad that I limped a bit, I still wanted that item I saw though.

I walked fast down the stream, I couldn't find the thing I was searching for anymore. Finally I made my way down the rest of the stream, it took me awhile but I was devoted to getting whatever that was.

I looked around and eventually something was caught in the corner of my eye, I turned to see it and I had finally found it.
It looked as if it was a camera, an odd one at that. It seemed old and broken up, I grabbed it and held it in my hands, I flipped open the flap and a red button was blinking.

Jokingly I started aiming the camera at stuff and started to speak as if I was a blogger.

"Alright kiddos here we have a lake, aaaand that's it!"

I chuckled before flipping the flap back down, I thought it was a win to find something like this. Some kid probably lost it, I wonder if it has any footage on it?

I held the camera in my hands while going back to my house, I was eager to see if anything was on there. It would be kinda funny to find some kids videos on there.
I walked past my shoes on the way and grabbed them before I forgot.

I happily walked into my house and immediately went towards my room, I changed my clothes and then obtained my computer, I opened the camera once more, I was trying to find the harddrive.

Once I noticed it I pushed it down and it popped right back up, I grabbed it and then placed it inside my own computer.

It was kinda freaky, the file popped up as 'M&H file' it gave me an odd feeling in my stomach. I was hesitant to click on it, but my curiosity got the best of me and I eventually clicked it.

Video files labeled 'tape 1, tape 2,tape 3' etc were inside of this file. There were at least 200 or maybe even 300 video files on here, I nervously went to the first one.

My heart started to bump faster and faster every second that went by while watching it load up the video.

It started to play and I watched with intrigued eyes, the video was only 40 seconds. It started off with the camera facing the ground, it seemed someone was running.

I leaned in to see the video better.

The camera was aimed forward, and I could see forest surrounding them. They were panting and they seemed disoriented and distressed.

They swore under their breath and stopped running for a minute before turning the camera and speaking fast but with breaths inbetween words.

"That- thing is still- fucking chasing me, god, I need to get aw-" before they could finish, which, they sounded like a man.

A thud could be heard, and then another one right after that one. Grunting could be heard throughout the rest of the video, there was only 20 seconds left of the video.

The camera was blocked by brown and black colors, I'm guessing it was dropped onto the ground.

The grunting stopped and only 9 seconds remained. I heard someone sigh and then drop something metal, they picked up the camera and aimed the camera at the now dismembered man, blood covered his clothes and the ground.

He wasn't breathing..

I froze, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. This is a murder! I need to turn this into the police,god, but it's so far away and it's alright late.

I guess I won't go to work tomorrow and I'll go to the police station instead, I quickly shut my computer and rethought my life a bit, after seeing something so violent and horrific I couldn't calm myself down, my heart still pounded and my face was sweating.

I suddenly felt sick to my stomach and not wanting to puke on my floor I ran to the bathroom.

《Welcome to Is It Recording?.. Hoodie X Reader.》
~sorry for the long wait, I only have about 8 days of actual school left before summer hits~
But I will have to put the warning at the beginning a few times bc I want people to read it and back out if they need to if they can't handle it, I will put another warning on the chapter of which it happens.

Out~ 👌💕