Dinner Before Disaster

Bella's POV
A/N: I didn't realize I had a chapter called dinner already, so I renamed this chapter. Sorry y'all.

Officer Cullen, or Edward as he told me to call him, was a total sweetheart. His parents have invited me to dinner tonight, at their house. I was excited to see them again. I swear it had been far too long since I had seen them. Esme and Carlisle were two of the most pleasant people in Forks.

I'd met them shortly I moved her before my first semester at U-Dub. I had wound up in the hospital for a broken ankle when Tyler Crowley hit me in the parking lot with his car. It was a complete and total accident. I wasn't too mad at the time, but boy was Charlie. I vaguely remember him threatening to take Tyler's license away.

Rose and I had met during my sophomore year. She didn't like me much, but we had a beneficial relationship in regards to school work. She was good at math, I was a wiz with English. Edward had went to Dartmouth by the time I had moved here. He studied pre-law and now was a police officer.

Mike Newton had been extremely persistent in his endeavors to date me. I only said yes to get him to stop actually. But, I never really felt comfortable with him. Everything felt very awkward between us. I had stuck it out, even when I knew I shouldn't have. Although Jessica had slept with him to break us up, she had done me the biggest favor of my life.

She was as obsessed with Mike Newton as much as he was obsessed with me, and that said a lot. Jessica had called me a skank a few times after the breakup, saying I probably was lying about everything Mike had done to me. It was a mess. She left me alone after awhile.

I sigh, pushing the negative thoughts from my head. I needed to not think about them. I had to move forward with my life.

After telling Alice about the dinner, she had delegated herself to be my personal stylist. I tried to argue that I didn't need her to dress me, but realized I was wasting my breath. Alice would do what Alice pleaded. She told me to shower and wash my hair.

Once I was done, I wrapped myself in a towel and Alice set to work on my hair. She was blowdried my hair and then decided to curl it. Alice talks to me about Edward and what I think about him.

It was comfortable conversation. Alice leaves the room to grab a drink and I get dressed. Alice picked a black sleeveless shirt and a blue skirt. The skirt stopped about mid thigh and flared out. For shoes, she'd originally wanted heels. I, however, drew the line there. We compromised on a pair of nice black leather knee high boots.

Alice allowed me do my own makeup. I opted for some simple eyeliner and mascara. I coated my lips with some clear gloss. And though I would not admit it to Alice I looked super hot. Just as I put in my silver hoops, there's a knock on the door.

I hear Alice's voice as she answered the door. She tells Edward I'd be down shortly. My heart speeds up as I walk down the hall to the stairs. Edward notices me once I'm halfway down the stairs. He blinks a few times and I notice he's in a nice blue shirt and black slacks. I blush deep red.

I miraculously make it down the stairs without tripping. Edward is staring at me. "Hi." I say with a small wave. He smiles crookedly at me. Alice is gathering her things and preparing to leave.

"You look beautiful." He extends a hand to me. Such a gentleman. Once our fingers touch I feel electricity run through me. I have the urge to pull away but ignore it. Edward brushes a curl from my face. His touch caused my heart to soar. I bring my eyes to meet his and I'll be damned if he hadn't felt what I had.

Alice leaves and we head to his car, after I lock the house. Edward opens my door for me again. He walks around the front of the car. This gave me just enough time to notice his perfect ass.