Edward Cullen

(Edward's POV)

I pull into my parents drive way, noticing my dad isn't back from the hospital yet. I think he spends way too much time there; mom doesn't seem to mind, so I don't bother. I park my police cruiser in my parents garage and head into the house.

The moment I step into the house,  I can smell my mother's cooking. My mind flashes back to the way Bella smiled at me. She seemed so warm.

Of course, thinking of her made me think of her friend. He seemed to hate me within minutes of meeting me. The way he hovered over her was quite odd, like he was drawn to her. However, she would move back every time he leaned in.

I shake my head. "Hey mom." I say as I enter the kitchen. She smiles and kisses my cheek. I'd outgrown my mother at age 14. 

"How was work today, dear?" she asks as she sets the table for our weekly dinners. Rose and her boyfriend Emmett were coming tonight. 

"It was fine. Nothing extraordinary happened really. I met Chief Swan's daughter, I hear you've been talking to her about me."

"Guilty as charged hon', she's such sweetheart." My mom walks back to kitchen and stirs her famous 4 cheese sauce for her ravioli. 

"She doesn't talk much," I steal a cookie off of the cooling rack. "Not from what I observed." 

My mother sighs, shaking her head. "She's been through a lot in the past few months, and we all know Chief Swan had that heart attack before she came back, and that crazy ex-" My mother clams up. 

Not one word is mentioned about her after that.