dix

"no matter what i do, i know that to you

"no matter what i do, i know that to you. things will just stay the way they are. just that i keep thinking about how we used to be"

8:04 pm

hongjoong was on the floor of his bedroom, there were clothes everywhere he sighed deeply running a hand through his hair. he hadn't found an outfit yet to wear for him and mingi's date, and to be frank he's never had this much trouble trying to figure out what to wear nonetheless this was going to be his very first date.

meanwhile mingi was at the bridge, the place he had kissed hongjoong and basically confessed his feelings towards him. he looked around at the empty place as he set down his backpack pulling out a few things.

after a few minutes the bridge was fully covered with fairy lights, there was a white blanket set down in the middle with two plates on both sides, he then turned on his speaker connecting his phone to it he started playing 'days gone by' by day6.

hongjoong finally found something to wear, it was a light blue buttoned up t-shirt with a pair of black jeans. he decided to wear some silver rounded glasses to make things look better. looking over at himself once more in the mirror he smiled turning around he was met with seongwha who stood by the door eating yogurt.

"going on a date huh? with mingi i suppose" he smirked taking another scoop of yogurt. "what makes you think that?" hongjoong asked disconnecting his phone from his charger as he walked pass the other.

"oh i don't know, nice simple outfit, you smell like expensive cologne, and the fact that you're a panicked gay at the moment" seongwha said following the male in front of him.

"whatever can you take care of the others tonight i might be a little late", "sure have fun on your little date and make sure to use a condom" he said swaying his spoon around hongjoong rolled his eyes opening the front door.

after 10 mins of walking in the cool breeze he finally made it towards the park, it was empty and there was no one.

joongie 💘:
wya?

mingi 🤡:
bridge
seen 8:45 pm

hongjoong made his way through the park as he was finally a few feet away from the bridge. all he could see so far was a bright few lights as his favorite song by day6 played. he smiled shaking his head as he started walking.

"how did you manage to do all of this in such little time?" he asked once he was beside the tall male who was currently tossing rocks into the river "holy shit- you scared me" mingi said turning his attention to hongjoong.

"hey language!" hongjoong smacked the other on the arm furrowing his eyebrows at him. mingi simply laughed as he leaned in placing a soft kiss on the males lips.

he pulled away looking at the flustered and blushing red hongjoong "d-did you have to do that?" hongjoong said as he touched his lips looking to the side a bit embarrassed.

"i simply couldn't resist plus i'll be doing this from now on so get used to it" mingi said to him grabbing his hand as he pulled him towards the blanket to sit down.

an hour had gone by, both males had laughed to the brink of tears and talked about many things. now they were currently walking around the parks pathway holding hands enjoying each other's presence.

"you know i never expected this to happen to be honest" hongjoong said to the other as he looked down at their hands. "neither did i, i really thought you'd reject me and i would become a depressed wreck" mingi laughed pulling hongjoong into his side.

"but somehow i managed to get with the most amazing, talented, hard working, caring, funny, kind, loving man there ever is" hongjoong poked mingi on the side scoffing.

"i'm not that great" he said as he kicked a small pebble with the tip of his shoe. "i tend to make mistakes, i sometimes don't listen to what's best for me, i put others before me. i'm always working hard to make everything just perfect and i".

just then mingi stopped pulling hongjoong into a hug wrapping his arms tight around the short male. "mingi i-" hongjoong muffled his words through the others chest, "shh you overthink to much, you're perfect just as you are, mistakes or not i love you for who you are and that's all that matters".

hongjoong was about to cry at what he just heard, he slowly pulled away from mingi's gasp looking up at him "you- you just said you love me, mingi that's" his body felt hot and his mind was overfilled with thoughts.

"i know but it's true, my feelings towards you are true they always have been and i know love is a strong word but what i feel towards you is love" hongjoong shook his head, touching his face tears were running down his cheeks and he was hyperventilating.

"hongjoong? are you okay?" mingi tried to touch him but the other simply pushed him away he started walking fast leaving the male behind with no words left.

hongjoong sat underneath a large tall tree, he had his knees up to his chin as he broke down crying. he loves you hongjoong why are you crying? you just ruined everything.

but really the only reason hongjoong began to cry, was because he also loved mingi. but he was afraid, afraid of losing the one person who actually loved him. that was one thing he feared the most.

— ♡ —

whoops- sorry for making shit sad, it's been a tough night but hey another update at least. hope you liked it even tho it ended badly. things will be better next chapter don't worry this won't become an angst story.