19 ▫ Let The Battle Begin

A/n: Gonna be honest, the next few chapters are probably the best ones in this story so yay, I guess? I mean, you can't write about Freed without somehow bringing in the battle of Fairy Tail it seems. But anyway, I've planned the rest of this story and have got 36 chapters planned however, I tend to replan everything as I go and add thigs in so that number may vary slightly. Also one of the chapters I've started writing I'm not happy with at all so I may scrap that chapter completely and just move on, anyway, enjoy this chapter! :)))))

Y/n awoke the next morning with a strange sense of foreboding. The sun shone brightly through a tiny gap in the curtains and it took her brain a moment to catch on to the fact that she was in Freed's bed once more. The rune mage was nowhere to be seen and Y/n cast her mind back to the previous day, trying to piece together how she ended up in Freed's bed. She remembered returning home and seeing a note from Freed, then everything became blurry. She had been sat on the sofa reading and then her memory cut off. Figuring she must have fallen asleep, she got out of bed, heading out of the bedroom to try and find Freed, being greeted by silence throughout the entire building.

As she entered the kitchen, another note was placed on the table which she headed over to, picking up the piece of paper and reading it.

Y/n, sorry I'm not here again. Laxus needed help with preparations for the Fantasia Parade today, Freed

The H/c girl placed the note back down, starting to get ready and make something to eat, humming a quiet tune as she cooked.

Not long later, she was leaving the house, heading down the familiar path towards the guild with a wide smile plastered upon her face. The streets were alive with different stalls and people walking and colourful bunting hung from between the lampposts lining the streets. The atmosphere it created was enough to put a smile on anyone's face and Y/n found herself humming happily as she reached the guild. She ran into Lucy outside and began happily chatting with the blonde who had decided to enter the Miss Fairy Tail competition. Y/n laughed along with her and offered to come and support her, the two entering the guildhall where the competition was taking place. As the competition got underway, excitement filled the hall, with people from the guild and people who lived in Magnolia filling the hall and chattering excitedly.

The announcer began introducing the mages who each, in turn, came on stage to perform their magic. The crowd went wild with each new contestant and Y/n found herself grinning widely seeing members of the guild enjoying themselves. She heard Lucy's name being called out and saw the celestial mage enter the stage, waving at her from where she sat with Natsu, Gray and Elfman.

Another voice called out however as Lucy started to perform, sending the entire guild hall into a state of confusion.

"Entry number eight," The voice began, ignoring Lucy's protests. Y/n's eyes widened upon seeing who walked on stage. Her shock must have been clear on her face as well as everyone else's as stood in the middle of the stage now was Evergreen. The H/c mage still hadn't seen Freed anywhere and this unexpected turn of events unnerved her slightly, as it had apparently done with the rest of the crowd.

"Lucy, don't look into her eyes!" Gray shouted from next to the H/c girl, sending panic throughout the guildhall.

"What's going on?" Y/n asked desperately, her eyes flicking between the stage and the guild members sat around her.

Before anyone knew what was happening, There was a wave of magic and Lucy stood, now a stone statue on the stage, sending everyone into a panicked frenzy. Most of the crowd rushed out of the hall, flooding out onto the streets and leaving only a few members of the guild.