4 ▫ What Was That?

A/n: Thank god wattpad is easier to put photos into than Ao3. I have tried so many different ways to put a photo into this chapter on Ao3 and I have literally no idea if it's worked so uh, thank you wattpad for making my life somewhat easier.

P.S. enjoy my kinda crappy pen drawing in this chapter

She felt a spike of fear course through her body as she saw two bloodshot eyes staring straight at her, face pressed up against the glass. Its skin was deathly pale and a wicked grin stretched across its face as the head tilted, it's red eyes focussed on her and only her.

The H/c girl was frozen with fear, helpless as she saw the creature lift up a bony hand, a long thin finger pointing at her as it stared unblinkingly

The H/c girl was frozen with fear, helpless as she saw the creature lift up a bony hand, a long thin finger pointing at her as it stared unblinkingly. She snapped out of it and scrambled towards the coffee table where she had put her dagger, grabbing the two silver handles, her eyes still locked on the creature outside. Mist surrounded the creature as it's finger moved closer to the window, a long, claw-like nail moving to scratch down the glass, a shrill noise cutting through the air before a gut-wrenching screech was heard. the H/c girl squeezed her eyes closed tightly, hiding behind her hands as she let out a whimper of her own.

It was silent for a moment but Y/n refused to open her eyes, unprepared to see the creature sitting in front of her.

Just as she plucked up the courage to open her eyes, she felt long slender fingers gently touching her face, pure terror coursing through her veins as she lifted an arm to slice the hand with her dagger, a loud shout escaping her lungs as she did so.

"Get away from me!"

She tried to crawl away from the creature but felt a hand grip the arm that had tried to attack.

"Y/n! Calm down it's just me!" 

She could've sworn she heard Freed's voice but that couldn't be true. Whatever had been outside must be trying to trick her by sounding like the rune mage. Ans she wasn't going to fall for it.

She swung her other arm which was also caught and pinned down next to her.

"Y/n!" Freed's voice called again.

No, she wouldn't fall for it...

She squeezed her eyes closed tighter and turned her head away from the creature which now had both her hands pinned down next to her, it's body close enough to her for her to feel the heat coming from it.

Her breath came out shakily and she prepared to face a horrible death when she felt hair fall onto her face, tickling her skin.

Did the creature have hair? I think it did but it must be really close for it to touch my face...It doesn't feel that close.....

Against her better judgement, she opened her eyes a tiny bit, being met with green strands of hair falling across her cheek.

Freed....it really was him...