13▫️All Is Forgiven

A/n: Gonna be honest, I didn't write like anything last week....Now I'm a bit behind with this story but uhhhhhh oh well....I'm hoping to finish this over the summer holidays maybe? I'm not sure how long it will be yet, all I know is I've planned up to chapter 21 which should be about halfway through? I have no idea. I'll shut up now though, I'll just say it'll end when it ends :))))))

P.S. This chapter might be a bit boring but I apologise, there will be a lot more excitement in future chapters I promise

Freed awoke the next morning, confusion filling his head as he glanced around the room, his eyes landing on the H/c girl who was thrashing around next to him, her face scrunched up in what he presumed was fear. 

He pushed his confusion to the side and gently shook the H/c girl's shoulder trying to wake her. It worked and he had to move out of the way quickly to avoid being headbutted as Y/n sat bolt upright, her eyes wide and her breathing heavy.

She sat for a moment before she quickly looked around the room, her eyes locking on Freed.

"Y...You're alive...Thank God...." She breathed out, letting out a sigh and resting her head on her hand.

"Is everything okay?" The rune mage asked and Y/n nodded her head with a forced fake smile.

"Yeah! Everything's fine.....it was just a stupid nightmare..."

"Y/n..." Freed mumbled before Y/n spoke again.

"I'm sorry about getting angry at you the other day....you were just worried about me...but I got annoyed at you...I'm sorry,"

The rune mage looked surprised before his expression changed to one of sympathy.

"It's alright Y/n, it's all in the past," 

The H/c girl shook her head 

"It's not though...I should have told you about the notes...And I should have told you what happened on the mission..."

"Y/n, I was in the wrong as well, I shouldn't have assumed that you can't look after yourself. Honestly though, everything is fine, it's in the past now. What did happen on that mission though? Did you manage to undo those runes?" Freed asked cautiously.

Y/n nodded, avoiding eye contact with him.

"I...on the train...Someone was following us, Erza and Gray stopped him though...Then when we woke up there was writing on the walls...like in the notes but it disappeared before we could take any pictures or anything....there was also runes on my wrists but they were normal runes...I think it was some sort of protection spell but I didn't really have time to worry about it....when we found the person we were supposed to look for, there were runes around him and more of the weird symbols...I tried to rewrite the runes but I got it wrong and a timer appeared....and every time I got it wrong the time left decreased so I called you....then there was some explosion or something and...he was dead..." The H/c girl explained, her hands absentmindedly clenching into fists.

She felt the rune mages hand on her wrist and glanced at him, seeing concern written on his face as he turned her wrist around to see the raised runes circling it. His finger ran over the letters and they glowed purple, his eyes scanning over the symbols and deciphering what they said.

"Hmm," He checked the ones on her other wrist as well, seeing that they were the same "I think you're right, it says 'No harm shall come to those who these runes are cast upon' It's a fairly simple spell but it's quick which I assume whoever cast it intended. Do you know when they appeared?" The rune mage asked
Y/n seemed to think for a moment before answering.
"It must have been overnight...I'm guessing the runes on the wall were written then too...it just doesn't make sense...whoever wrote the runes on the wall...did they do this as well...if so why? I don't understand..."