Your First Day in the Glade

Start from the beginning

"[Y/N].." You said slowly, still embarrassed from the close contact.

"Pretty name for a pretty girl" He nodded. He then gives you a tour around the Glade, showing the places around. There isn't much to show but you really enjoyed the tour. Either because of the Glade was just simply pretty or because you were really mesmerized with this Newt boy.

When the two of you came back to the spot where you started the tour, you let out a disappointed sigh and looked down as the time to spend with this beautiful boy finally ended. Newt surprisingly noticed it and let out a chuckle, "Don't worry. I'll see you around later, yeah Greenie? Wouldn't let a pretty girl like you slip away that easily now, would I?"

- Gally
"Another girl?! Are you shucking me now?!" A loud complain could be heard from outside the Homestead. You were steps away from it but the clear yells and shouts from inside already makes your knees weak. They were obviously complaining about your arrival, no doubts in that. But if you could've choose, you wouldn't want to enter the Glade in the first place.

"Don't be afraid, it's just Gally. He shouts a lot" Teresa said as she placed an assuring embrace around you. You nodded your head and entered the Homestead with her. Everyone was sitting in a semi-circle seats. They were about 10 of them, more or less. You could see Newt and Thomas from earlier smiled and waved at you when you entered. One guy who was standing with his back facing you was still busy shouting his complains. The rest was in silent, listening to the guy, but quickly turned their heads to you as Teresa greeted, "Hi guys, sorry for the late arrival. Needed to show [Y/N] the tour first"

The 'yelling and shouting' guy started his complains again, "You see what she did there? Girls could never survive in this Glade. They could never follow orders and rules" He turned to Teresa "No one should ever be late on a Gathering, you know that Teresa. And no one should-"

The boy stopped his complains once he laid an eye on you. He was mentally jaw dropped when he saw you. The yells and shouts were paused as he scanned you from head to toe. Your messy hair that was tied in a bun caught his attention the most. As messy and sweaty you look at this point, he still finds you amazingly attractive.

"Should what, Gally?" Teresa teased, aware that he was too mesmerized with you to continue his complains.

"I-I was just saying that.. That this Glade needs to review its rules and punish whoever disobey it" The boy, Gally said.

"I don't exactly think we were discussing about that topic, mate" Newt chuckled, also aware that Gally was distracted with your beauty.

Gally threw a deathly glare, not saying any other word as he sits back down to his chair.

"So, I guess we don't have any other problem with [Y/N]'s arrival, right?" Thomas said, standing up of his chair. No one said a word in complain cause from the beginning it was only Gally that's making a fuss over the fact that another girl came in the Glade. Now that he's shut his hole, the problem is solved like it'd never been there in the first place. Taking the silence as an agreement, Thomas then continues his words "Well, I think just like what other Greenies had to do, we'll start [Y/N]'s training to find her a keeper from tomorrow morning. We can start with Zart, Frypan, then Winston, and-"

"I volunteer to train [Y/N] first"

Everyone turned their heads from the source of voice, raising their eyebrows high as they realize who's voice it was, "Gally?" Newt questioned "You want to train [Y/N] first? Is that what you said just now?"

"Yeah," he nodded "I mean, if girls are really not as bad as you all said, then I want to train her first"

The rest nodded their heads, hiding laughter in. They know Gally's reason wasn't just for the sake to prove girls can survive in the Glade, too. It was much more than that. But well, no one wants to make Captain Gally fume in anger now, do we?

- Minho
You've been in the glade for half of the day now. You've pretty much settled down, eventhough a lot of questions and scenarios still running on in your head. Surprisingly, you have more than enough friends in the Glade to survive. You're not sure if you're also this outgoing in your last life, but there's no point on thinking about it now cause you won't get it back, anyway.

It was dinner time now. The dinner hall was full with the Gladers and you were standing on the line alone since you've told Teresa and Thomas to go on first. Frypan needed to refill the food so you were waiting alone on the hall. You were about to take the last piece of the bread before another hand appeared and touches you.

"Sorry" The two of you said in sync.

"You can have it" The boy said. He handed the bread and placed in on your plate "New Greenie?"

"Not sure why people keeps on saying that, but yeah I guess. I'm the Greenie" You said.

You weren't trying to joke but the guy chuckled, creating these wrinkles around his slanted eyes that makes him look ever cuter. He shook his head as he stopped laughing and stared at you deeply, "Well I can say you're a special one, Greenie"

"How so?" You asked, not letting any blush to form on your face.

He smiled at you genuinely, "You just are" He wiped his hands on his jeans before reach out to shake yours, "I'm Minho by the way. Keeper of the Runners. Not trying to be fancy or anything, but you can say I'm the manliest guy here"

This time it was your time to chuckle. He's surely full of himself. Only in the best way of narcissism. His body language was arrogant in the way that it only attracts you, not in a way that makes you disgusted or annoyed. He's just perfect, somehow.

And somehow, not even a day you've spent in the Glade, you've find your soulmate.

---
First chapter! Gosh, what do you think, guys? Comments would definitely make my day. I'll try to make updates each day. I'm updating from my iPad, so, sorry for bad format writing and all. I'll fix it once I'm on PC.

xoxo