Chapter 37 - Last Chapter

Mulai dari awal

"Alright then, don't die. Bye!" Gustav shouted while Fanghook was already moving away. When the two of them left, you averted your attention to Hiccup and peered over his shoulder to see what he was looking at. Just as you did that, Hiccup's found an island on the map and he tapped the spot.

"This is the closest one." He said.

"So that's where we go."

-----

After what seemed like an eternity you finally reached the island. It was probably just a few hours, but with the continuous pain on your arm, time seemed to pass a lot slower. It passed even slower while Hiccup was trying to find the Aloe Vera.

Before landing on the island, you noticed that at one end it looked like a desert, only sand and more sand. Then thin trees appear in the middle, along with some bushes until finally at the opposite end it was a full blown forest with greens everywhere. It was a very strange and peculiar island, how plants survive there is beyond you.

The dragons set foot in the middle and the hunt began straight away. A few minutes in, you started trailing behind Hiccup, everything around you was starting to get blurry, to the point where you started seeing double. Right away, Hiccup noticed the lack of your presence next to him and turned around to find you clutching your head with a pained look.

"What's wrong? Are you feeling okay?" Hiccup asked worryingly and took a step closer to you.

"Yeah, I'm just dizzy, that's all. Let's go." You said, planning to shrug it off and continue the trip. It was probably just momentarily anyway.

"No, no, no. You and Crystal stay here. We'll find the plant." Hiccup ordered, glancing at Toothless and then back to you. Now if it weren't for your wobbly legs, that now felt like jelly, you'd never agree with him. But now that you needed all of your effort to even be standing, you knew you'd only take a couple of more steps before collapsing.

"Okay. I'll just be here." You said and leaned on the tree behind you, just as you did so, your legs gave up causing you to slide down. As you suspected, the dizziness turned out to be temporary, you were okay after a moment. While you were waiting for Hiccup, you were hoping that no other dragons would stumble here and find you defenceless. But Crystal was here so you weren't that frightened.

Fortunately, you didn't have to wait for long because a few minutes later you saw Hiccup and Toothless in the distance. You were always happy to see them, but this time your stomach knotted in apprehension. It was time to clean the wound and you can already imagine the pain.

He placed down the water bottle and cut the aloe vera's core until the slimy green gel showed. All the while you were watching with an anxious look, felling the hairs on your arm rise.

"So this is going to hurt a bit." Hiccup said apologetically. And by 'bit' he probably meant a lot. You motioned him to just get it over with and faced the opposite side, ever since little you were taught to not look at the wound because it wouldn't hurt as much. And now you prayed for that to be true.

You bit back the pain when Hiccup started tearing away the bandage, it was coated with blood and even more started trailing down your arm. You felt it slide and cringed.

The moment the water hit your skin, you jumped away and hissed. Hiccup, being the sweetheart he is, didn't stop apologizing even though none of this is his fault. He decided to pick up the pace and after the bandage and your arm were cleaned up, he wrapped the bandage back to its previous place. At first the aloe vera was a stinging pain, but afterwards it had a somewhat cooling effect.

"Thanks Hic." You said gratefully, but you were too exhausted to even say his full name. Hiccup smiled at the new nickname and then got up.

"What are you doing?" You asked after seeing him roam around and break small branches.