Chapter 37 - Last Chapter

serendipity

(n.) finding something good without looking for it

"Ugh, this was my favourite shirt." You sighed, looking down at your shoulder. But you knew it had to be done, which is why you rippee apart the sleeve, the cut made it especially easy to tear off the fabric. Granted, it was all covered in blood but at least it could be used as bandage to stop the bleeding. Hiccup turned around to see what was up and saw you baring your teeth while tying up the cloth. The pain was immensely agonizing, but you had to convince yourself it was only going to last for a bit.

"I have to disinfect this thing." You said, exhaling a shaky sigh. Hiccup had a frown that definitely did not belong to his face, he hated seeing you in pain, let alone bleeding. Yet he wasn't that ignorant to ask if you were okay when it was awfully clear that you were nowhere near that. The only thing Hiccup could do right now was watch sympathetically. You were aware that if the wound was left untreated then your arm will fall off or worst case scenario, you die. Normally, you'd put honey or sugar over but at the moment you had neither and you were far, far from home.

"You'll need clean water and aloe vera." Hiccup said with certainty that you were almost taken aback. Its not so common to find people that have a lot of knowledge in medicine so when did Hiccup turn into doctor?

"Wow, look at you, healing expert." You commented with a bubbly laugh.

"I was a clumsy kid you know, I always ended up at Gothi's house." Hiccup replied with an embarrassed smile that you found absolutely adorable. "So I picked up a few tips along the way."

You imagined Hiccup coming out of Gothi's house covered in band aids from head to toe but still having the biggest, most cheerful grin like nothing in the world can bring him down and then continue being his clumsy little self. "Okay, Mr. Smartypants, how are we going to find aloe vera?"

"Well, it grows in dry soils so first we need to find a somewhat deserty island." Hiccup replied. While you racked your brain trying to remember a nearby island that had low vegetation, Hiccup took out his map that thrashed around because of the strong air. For a moment it seemed as if it was going to fly away from Hiccup's grasp, but luckily he had it under control. Normally, his map would've all scattered in pieces if Hiccup used normal glue, but Toothless's saliva proved to be an effective adhesive. While Hiccup searched through the map, your eyes landed on Gustav who was picking his ear with his pinkie finger, one eye closed in concentration. You quickly looked away, feeling grossed out from the undelightful sight.

You knew sooner or later you'd find something to disinfect the wound and you knew that once its time to clean the would, there will be hell of a lot of blood and screeching. And you didn't want to have an audience for that.

"Gustav come here." You called out and the boy turned around, plucking out his finger from the ear in the process.

"Sup, how are you feeling?" Gustav asked as Fanghook came closer.

"Peachy. Anyway, um, you should head back to the Edge and tell the gang you're safe. Wouldn't want them worrying." You said and Gustav slowly nodded in acknowledgement. He already thought all of you were heading there, which is why it took him a second to reply.

"Sure. Where are you two going by the way?" Gustav still wanted tag along with wherever you two were going but he knew he'd probably end up being the third wheel. And there was no way he was going to willingly do that.

"We're going to look for something to clean the wound. If the others ask about us just tell them I scraped my arm or something." You replied nonchalantly, waving your hand in a dismissive manner. Next to you, Hiccup repeated the word 'scraped' with much more emphasis and you punched his shoulder with your good arm.