Chapter 14

Okay so I usually don't write author notes in the beginning but I just want to say a big thank you to these lovely people who read my story and genuinely like it! So I dedicate this chapter to them! -JellyMoonQueen❤️ -euphoricbliss❤️ -Overwolf5392❤️

voorpret

(n.) pre-fun, the sense of enjoyment felt before a party or event takes place 

After your slightly oppugnant  conversation with Mariah she waved you off and went to the boys, to your luck Hiccup was talking to Fishlegs about something and pointing at the dragon book, completely ignoring Mariah.

A smirk crosses your lips as you watched her desperately trying to get his attention and failing miserably. Snotlout on the other hand was gawking at her like a madman and didn't stop flirting with her since she arrived there. What surprised you the most was that she began giggling and acting bashful.

"Well someone's jealous." Ruffnut's statement made your eyes dart at hers in a second.

"Me?" You questioned with shock laced in your voice, Ruffnut just nodded while smiling like a goofball.

"I'm anything but jealous, Ruff." You replied coldly but still kept your tiny smile so it didn't come out as if you were angry or something.

"Your eyes say differently." Astrid piped in and you couldn't suppress rolling your eyes.

"Yeah I could see the jealousy burning in them from miles away!" Ruffnut added and they both laughed, you only chuckled at their reactions and shook your head in disbelief .

After that all of you had a pleasant conversation and then you heard the dragons coming. They all went to their rightful owners and when Crystal came you petted her lovingly. You looked up to Mariah when you heard fearful noises coming from her, at the moment Meatlug was flying around her. Meatlug's wings ruffled and her tongue stuck out from the corner of her mouth. Her face held a look of extreme happiness and you smiled at that, Meatlug was always excited when she meets new dragons or people.

After she placed her head on Mariah's sides something happened happened that nobody expected. Mariah kicked away Meatlug with one hard punch and it made her fly away hollering in pain. All around everyone gasped in shock including some villagers passing by.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" You yelled, anger boiling in your blood and now you finally unleashed all the fury you've been holding. Your heavy footsteps stomping on the ground echoed and you made your way to Mariah, forcefully grabbing her arm and gripping it tightly.

How dare she attack a dragon.

"I uh- I." Her words came out as a stutter and she stared at you with such a fear in her eyes it made you feel an emotion that you hardly ever feel. Power.

"I was just scared it would eat me, I'm so sorry!" She pleaded and watched around with widened eyes, which held tears threatening to spill.

In the end she burst out in cry and closed her eyes shut, you could only rise your eyebrows at her extraordinary acting skills because she was obviously faking everything now. You looked at Mariah with a scowl on your face. "The dragons on Berk don't just go around eating people anymore. Those days have changed." 

"(Y/N), that's enough let her go." You heard Astrid's icy cold voice speak behind you and took one last look at Mariah before letting go of her.

"She punched Meatlug!" You snapped back at her harshly, your words dripping with rage.