Forty - Linkin

My chest rose and fell as I looked down. My eyes fluttered closed for a moment to just take a breath. "Did you know what we discovered about your skin?" Doctor Petya asked, tilting his head as he reached out and placed a tanned hand onto the small hilt that stuck out of my chest.

"No," I said breathlessly as I opened my eyes again.

He smirked as we locked eye as he ripped the knife out. I quickly cringed, not in pain, but knowing the pain I should be in. "That all the ink disappears when it was exposed to high levels of electricity. Unfortunately, the skin lost its ability about twenty minutes after it was removed from you, but shall we test it on a larger scale?"

My eyes widened some and I slowly shook my head. "I've cooperated," I said weakly as I chewed my bottom lip.

"You have." Petya nodded with a smirk as he walked back over to the table and placed the knife down. He smiled at me, lines appearing on both sides of his wide lips. "But I want to see how much you can take. For science... You understand, don't you?"

I knew he was a sick twisted bastard, but all I could do was nod.

I watched him set up the system with a pit in my stomach. Messages came through to me asking if I was alright once again, if I need extraction. I wish I could hear their voices; I didn't even know who was messaging me. I prayed that it was Thierry, but also knew it wasn't. He couldn't be that calm as I looked up and saw jumper cables attached to my chains.

"Will it hurt?" I whispered as Doctor Petya knelt down and finished the set up.

He almost had a sparkle in his eye as he looked at me. "I don't know, we'll find out, won't we?" With that, he touched the last end to the battery.

I let out an ear piercing scream as my entire body seized and I could feel the rush. My tattoos disappeared as my body locked, thrashing from the chains. It stopped just seconds later and I let out a rapid and panicked breath as I looked up.

Tears clouded my vision as another message came in. Are you okay?

I instinctively looked down for the first time, down to Petya. "Please no more," I breathed.

"So you can feel it?" He was grinning.

We're coming to get you.

I looked down once again. I could handle this. "Y-Yes," I stuttered.

"Interesting," he hummed before completing the circuit once again.

󠁌♟♙♟♙

I didn't know how long Doctor Petya was there, but by the time he was done, we were both sweating. He collected his things in silence and exited the room. There was a moment of pause before a mechanical whoosh fills the air and suddenly, the chains come crashing down and I fell to the floor.

Once there, I didn't move except to curl up a little more. I brought my knees to my chest as trembled, pain still radiating through my body.

We're coming for you Tina, don't worry. Hold on.

I saw the message appear and I brought my bloodied hands to my face as I broke. Thierry was coming. I had to remember that, no matter how bad it got, he was there. I nodded and tucked my head into my chest a bit more. "Please hurry," I whispered ever so softly knowing no one could hear me, but that wasn't what mattered.

The messages didn't last long, but there was one which brought me some comfort. We're watching, stay strong. I love you. I closed my eyes and focused on those words and soon, I was too exhausted to even stay awake. Sleep quickly welcomed me and I fell so deep into sleep, not even dreams or nightmares could wake me.

Pain was a forgotten memory once more and the knowledge that Thierry was watching, even if it was through my closed eyes, was like the warm blanket I needed in the cold, damp cell. My hands were still bound by chains; it'd be an easy fix if I cared enough, but it was easier to just give in as a small pool of blood formed under me.