Strange Occurence

Waking up to the comfort of my own bed, last nights events flooded back to me. Tears welling in my tired eyes, i shook my head in hopes to snap out of it. Hugging myself, i grouchily left my room towards the kitchen where my dad was reading the paper and sipping his Coffee.
"It rises" he mumbled, looking up whilst taking his glasses off. Letting a small chuckle escape my throat, i waddled to the counter and poured myself a nice cup of hot tea in hopes to wake me up. I'm not exactly the nicest person in the mornings, my dad soon realised this after i nearly bit his head off. Yawning loudly and stretching, i made my way over to the stool next to my dad. Leaning over his shoulder, i caught glimpses of articles on the Arkham Escapees.
"It's been weeks since they escaped and they're still getting publicity. I bet they're bathing in the attention." I snarled harshly.

After my little outburst, i finished off my tea and headed back upstairs to get ready for work with my dad. I returned back downstairs fully dressed and prepared for the day. My outfit consists of; a fishnet shirt with a black lace dress with fishnet tights, knee high heeled leather boots. Fingerless leather gloves and my leather jacket. Grabbing my phone on the way out, we got into Harvey's car and began our journey to the GCPD. Although the car journey was silent, i felt content. I was happy, i was back home. I have nothing to worry about, i'm once again safe.

Pulling up to the GCPD, i pulled open the car door and gracefully stepped out. Careful to not step in any puddles, i clambered up the steps towards the double doors. Pushing them open, a gush of warmth hit my face making me smile, i immediately saw Jim walking towards Harvey at a rushed pace.
Talking out of earshot, i took this as my Que to find something to keep myself occupied. That's how i found myself right outside the Forensics lab, knocking three times. Ed unlatched the door and opened it looking mentally drained.
Dressed in a forest green suit with a tie that had question marks on, he ushered me inside where he then proceeded to lock the door behind me.
"Nice suit" i nodded in approval.
"It really is, isn't it?" He rhetorically asked with a smirk.
Moving to sit down on the metal examiner table, i turned around to face Ed.
"How've you been Ed? I missed our conversations, whilst i was away." I admitted whilst straightenening my shoulders.
"I've been great, especially since dear Eddie let me take over." He chirped.
Raising my eyebrow quizically at him, i proceeded to ask.
"What are you going on about Ed?"
"It's no longer Ed, it's The Riddler. That's my name, so no more calling me Ed." He expressed.
"Okay then Riddler, what did you do with the shy awkward you?" I asked leaning forward in fascination.
"Oh that wasn't me, that was the other me. See, we're two completely different people. Like two sides of the same coin. I'm his confident, mischevious and dark side whilst he's the nervous, awkward and annoying side." He explained whilst sitting down next to me.
"You have a darkness in you Aleera, i can sense it and i wonder if that was why Carrot top Kidnapped you." He said in a gravely deep voice.
Voicing my thoughts, i protested.
"I do not!"
"Have you ever had dark tendencies, like you want to hurt someone so badly they're begging to be killed?" He queried, his eyed holding a dark glint which made me slightly cower in fear.
Noticing this, he chuckled loudly but not loud enough to alert anyone in the Precinct.
"Don't fight it Aleera, let it take over. You'll feel so much better!" He taunted me.
"I'm leaving!" I ground out whilst hopping off the metal table.
My anger only fuelled his laughter, laughing as i swung the door open and stormed out of the room.

Walking into the observation room, i slammed the door shut. I was confused, what does he mean i have a darkness?
I couldn't, i'm the daughter of one of the best cops in this god forsaken city. His words echoed throughout my head as i slid down the falls and placed my head in my hands.
Today was going so well, how can one damn assumption make it shit?
Many thoughts ran through my muddled mind.
Why did he kidnap me? Was i good leverage? Was it to Irk Jim and Harv? Do i have a darkness in me? What is wrong with me?
Overthinking, how typical of me.
Hugging myself and rocking as tears trickled down my cheeks, i must look batshit crazy.
Clearly, today took a turn for the worst all because of 'The Riddler'.
Rolling my eyes, i took off without informing my dad where i was going.

I didn't care where i ended up, i just wanted to be alone. Walking down the back streets of Gotham, i ended up in the Narrows.
"Urgh the Narrows, i've always hated this place" i muttered to myself. Caught in my own thoughts, i bumped into someone.
"Sorry, i was miles away." I admitted.
"Don't worry, i'm often caught up in my thoughts." An amused voice said infront of me.
"The Penguin" i gasped in shock.
"The one and only!" He raised his arms dramatically.
"I really didn't mean to walk into you, i'm sorry. Don't hurt me!" I shielded my face ready to be hit or something.
"Woah, i'm not a monster. I'm not gonna hit you. Come on, where are you off to?" He sincerely said.
"I don't know to be honest, i just wanted to be by myself really." I sighed deeply whilst looking up at him.
A sympathetic smile crossed his face as he responded.
"Something's bothering you, i can see it in your eyes. Come on, we'll go to my club and then we can talk."
"Thank you, i'd like to talk." I accepted appreciating his kind gesture.
After calling his Henchmen, a black bentley pulled up. Opening the door for me like a gentlemen, i hopped in and he followed behind.
That's how i spent the rest of my day, having a deep conversation with the Penguin. An occurence i didn't think possible, i think we'll be good friends.
Aleera Bullock and Oswald Cobblepot friends, how crazy.