One Fateful day

ALEERA'S P.O.V

I was there...
I was there when he was brought into the Precinct, i stood behind the one way glass during his first Interrogation. He looked so broken, so distraught. I just wanted to comfort him, tell him everything would be ok. In fact everything was not ok, he did it.
He killed her!
He had the audacity to kill his own mother, after she brought him into this world.
He wouldn't be here if it wasn't for her!
I came out of the Viewing room to see him being escorted by two officers.
His striking blue eyes gazed into mine as he was being dragged away, his bright ginger hair all slicked back. His laugh echoed through the GCPD as he left the builiding towards the Van that had Arkham written across the side. His smile, well his smile is etched forever into my memory. It gives me chills to even think about him, especially after his last words to me.
"Don't worry Princess, you'll be seeing me real soon." He practically growled at me as he was hauled into the Van.
Jerome Valeska really was insane.

Ever since that one fateful day, i've been watched closely, even more closely than usual. My dad, he cares but sometimes it's too overwhelming. Just as i got some freedom, got some time to myself. Jerome only had to come and ruin it with those 9 words. What an absolute Asshole!

I was brought out of my thoughts by a loud knock on my bedroom door.
"Is everything ok in there Ally?" Came my Fathers concerned voice through the door.
"Don't worry dad i'm fine, i was just thinking. Sometimes you worry about me too much." I chuckled
The door creacked open and my dad waltzs in towards me. Swiftly, he sits down and wraps his arm around me laying his head on top of mine.
"To be honest Ally, it's all for a good reason. If anything were to happen to my baby i would never forgive my self, i'd go absolutely bonkers. You are my world Ally and i love you so much!" My dad visibly looked more relaxed as the words left his mouth.
I sighed, turning to my dad.
"I love you so much too dad, you're my rock." I whispered whilst pulling him into a huge hug.
Not used to this affection from anyone since my mother passed. It took a moment for him to reciprocate but when he did i felt like nothing else mattered.

"I have some work to do so i suggest you get some rest." Harvey muttered as he broke away from the hug and stood up.
I only nodded in response, as he placed a kiss upon my forhead.
As he walked briskily towards the door, i clambered into my cozy bed.
Just as he turned to close the door, he mumbled something i couldn't quite hear.
"What was that?" I answered in a loud whisper.
"Oh, i said that you might want to be up early as you're coming to work with me and Jim tomorrow."
I knew there was no point fighting his wishes, so i turned my lamp off and lay my head on the goose feather black pillow.
"Goodnight" whispered Harvey.
"Night" i uttered back
Not long after hearing the door click shut, i fell into a peacefull dreamless sleep.