A chilled day

Awaking from the most blissfull nights sleep i've had in a while. Gleefully i climbed out of bed and darted downstairs towards my father. Running into my fathers open arms, i knocked him over.
Both in a fit of giggles on the floor, i hugged him tighter. Never wanting to let him go again in fear of losing him again.
"I love you dad, so much. I never want to he away from you again." I spoke with his shoulder muffling my voice.
"I love you too Ally, i'll protect you forever!" He confessed.
"From now on, you're to come with me to work everyday until the Maniax are caught and thrown back in Arkham" he Professed Sternly.

Walking into work with my dad, Ed came to check up and me and to my suprise he gave me a hug.
A confident glint that was never there before lay behind his eyes.
"Good to see you're safe Aleera" He smirked.
"Thank You Ed, though i'm not used to you referring to me as Aleera and not Tally Ally" i chuckled amused.
"It would seem i have changed since you've been away." He asserted.
"Indeed it would seem so, i like confident you Ed" i smiled genuinely.
Like it was the end of the world, Ed lunged out and wrapped me in a hug. It took me a moment to reciprocate but when i did, i felt safe and comforted.

As if on que, Jim rounded the corner looking for me. Once he laid his eyes upon what was happening, he immediately felt awkward and coughed to get our attention.
"Um yeah, Ally your dad wants you." He explained feeling uncomfertable.
Waving a quick goodbye to Ed, i set off towards my dad with Jim at my side.
"So what was that about?" Jim leaned in and whispered.
"Ed was just saying that he was glad to see i was safe." I passively spoke.
He only raised his eyebrow and shook his head in response as he walked and sat down at his desk.
Noticing Jim looking awkward he quickly asked what was going on as my mind was elsewhere.
"You really hugged Ed?" Harvey Blurted out.
"Yes, is it that unbelievable?" I queried suspiciously.
"No jus-" He was interrupted by Jim giving him a sharp kick under the desk.
"Anyway, are you able to pick us up some lunch? We're really busy and can't go ourselves." Harvey asked.
"Yeah sure, but don't expect me not to get something for myself though" I responded sassily.
With a roll of his eyes and a nod of his head, Harvey shooed me away.

Heading into the cloudy city of Gotham, i decided to go to a local Chip shop. Walking in and ordering my food. It was cooked fresh, so it took about 30 minutes.
I got Harvey and Jim jumbo sausage and chips, and myself Cod and chips. Time to go back to the GCPD, of course when i left it started drizzling so i had to rush so the food didn't get wet.
Barging through the GCPD doors, i trudged towards my dads desk and placed the food upon the table. My stomach growled at the smell of the lucious food, perching myself on the edge of the desk. Digging in to the food, my dad and Jim burst through Essen's room with a frown burned upon their face.
"What's wrong?" I queried.
"Those fucking Maniax, causing Havoc in the city and making my job so much harder. I want the longest lunch break possible." Harvey growled animalisticly.

After spending their lunch break with them, i decided to go home and chill for the rest of the day. I arrived home and immediately took my shoes off. I was in Heaven right now, i've wanted to take my shoes off all day. Groaning from the pleasure i was getting from having no shoes, i walked up the stairs very zombie like. I was exhausted, i've barely done anything today and i'm knackered. I guess that's what happens when you're kidnapped, it takes a major toll on your mental health. Upon my nightstand lay my freshly clean cheer outfit. A bright flash and a dizzy moment later, i lay on the ground in the doorway shaking and crying. I'd just had a flashback to the day i was kidnapped, looks like i have a bit of PTSD. He really must've fucked my head up.

That's how my dad found me when he came home, asleep in the doorway with tear streaks down my face.
Sighing, Harvey picked me up and took me over to my bed and tucked me in. Laying his hand upon my forhead, he checked my temperature and pushed my hair out of my face. Gently he laid a soft kiss upon my forhead as he whispered delicately
"I love you baby, you are my precious Angel and i'm so sorry i couldn't protect you."
Sighing once more, he hoisted himself off my bed and left my room with a soft click of the door.