He was sitting at the tea table with Venelana and Ophis; while Rias's mom sat across from him, Ophis had taken his lap as her chair.

Ophis had decided to change back into her adult form. He was sure she had done this because she knew he found it more attractive than her childish form. Right now, her goal wasn't to be cute. It was to seduce him so he would have sex with her, even though he had already agreed to.

Because her plump rear end was bigger in this form than in her other form, Ophis's butt was grinding into his crotch, causing the blood to swell. His manhood was threatening to spring free of his pants. He could also feel it caress Ophis's butt, becoming slightly wedged between her cheeks, though he tried his best to ignore that since he needed to focus on Venelana and her lecture.

Speaking of, the beautiful mother of his future wife either didn't know or didn't care about his plight. She continued speaking, lecturing him on what he needed to know.

"Generally speaking, when a Devil earns the right to become a High-class Devil, they must go through a promotion ceremony. Because of how important gaining a High-class Devil is to our society, the Devil being promoted is escorted to the ceremonial hall in a limousine and under strict guard. You are essentially a VIP."

Devils were currently in the midst of a population crisis. After the war with the Angels and Fallen Angels, the Devil population had been drastically reduced. Said population had been reduced even further thanks to the civil war that Sirzechs and the other current members of the Four Great Satans had taken part in. Combine that with how rare it was for Devils to have children and you had a huge problem on your hands.

The population had risen recently thanks to Beelzebub creating the Evil Piece system, which allowed Devils to reincarnate members of another race as Devils. However, just because their population had grown did not mean they were out of the woods.

Before the two wars, there had been 72 Noble Families known as the 72 Pillars. Of those 72 Pillars, only 32 now existed, with the remaining 40 families having become extinct.

This wasn't totally true. There were some Devils from those families who were still alive, such as Coriana Andrealphus from the House of Andrealphus... but those Devils were of mixed heritage and could not inherit their families's houses.

This was the reason new High-class Devils were celebrated. Even if the one becoming a High-class Devil was a reincarnated human, their ranks were still being filled, which could only be a good thing.

"Due to your unique circumstances and how fast you have risen through the ranks, your ceremony is going to be a little different," Venelana continued to lecture him. "First, a lot of noble families are still not certain you deserve the position. They have seen you in action, but you skipped the promotion test to become a Middle-class Devil. While we could just force the issue and make you a High-class Devil, the amount of resistance we would get makes this not worth the effort."

The scent of tea filled the air as a young maid wandered into the room carrying a tray with several plates, teacups, a teapot, and a three-tiered serving tray with all kinds of pastries. Like all maidservants of the Gremory Household, this one was elegant. Her bearing was the kind young ladies in waiting everywhere would be jealous of.

Naruto glanced at the woman as she set the teacups in front of them along with a plate. For her part, the woman's cheeks were only mildly red as she went about her task of pouring hot tea into their cups, first Venelana's, then his. Ophis also got her own tea, but the maid didn't seem to know where to place the cup since the Infinite Dragon God was using his lap as a chair.

"You can just put it in front of me," Naruto said.

"R-right," the maid squeaked.

"Thank you."