Chapter 10

I gripped the paper and my vision began to blur. My lips quivered and the paper began to get decorated with tiny wet drops. I stood there at first sobbing softly, very softly. Then from sniffles and just a shaking body it become a loud bawl. I cannot believe I was so selfish when all he has been doing is expressing his love to me. Why could I not be able to have the ability for once, why do I have to be so god damned selfish? I hung my head low, I was shaking now from both happiness and anger. Anger at myself for being so selfish and stupendously happy for the fact that is how he really feels who me. He has never been good with emotional confessions, but from all the guys I have dated that was the only confession that has ever made me swoon. I heard light footsteps behind me.

"You okay?" Xavier's concerned voice echoed through the hallways.

I turned and flung myself on Xavier dropping the essay. I grasped him tightly and whispered thank you over and over and over again. He hugged me back but he was bewildered by the sudden move of affection.

"For what?"

"For everything you've ever done, and I'm sorry for being so selfish. For not wanting to let you go, for hoping you wouldn't get in. For being so narrow minded. I'm sorry." I sobbed .

"Nawww, I'd be the exact same way, and it's only for a year babe. You'll be transferring to the same college pretty soon right. It will work out I promise. We will have our happy ever after ending I promise you this."

"Promise?"

"Promise." He smiled.

We held on to each other and wouldn't let go. For the few more weeks we had left, it was the usual. We were the happy couple with nonchalant arguments here and there. We also had the usual make out sessions everyday, because no relationship is completed without one. The weeks were special, every day I spent with him was special. Today though was going to be perfect though. Today was prom. The best nights of our lives supposingly. As I got ready, I was scared of me making mistakes today. I hope I don't screw this up, I really do.

I wore a dark blue fluffy dress with no straps, it ended right above my knee and the chest bit was covered in elegant glitter. I had my wavy hair in a braided low bun and accompanied with and emerald necklace. I wore blue 6 inch stilettos and a pink glove on my left hand. I had a creamy eye shadow, winged eyeliner and a bright red lipstick on. A tint of blush here and there and a spray of lavender scented perfume. I did look beautiful but I never seemed to feel beautiful.

I descended down the stairs and I was greeted by Xavier's gasping face. He looked absolutely stunning, with a black tuxedo and his hair let loose, stunning. I always found men in suits to be dashing. He really looked like my prince who was about to scoop me up and take me away, far far away to a land where only smiles were embedded into the people's souls. He reached out a hand and I took it, smiling as I did so. Our hands clicked like a key and lock, useless without the other but once together a complete fit. A perfect match.

Our bodies moved to the beat alongside every other sappy couple. We were in the moment but somehow it didn't just fit. I mean yes I looked like a princess and he looked like a prince and this was my castle. But it wasn't enough. It started thundering and I smirked, Xavier stared at me questioningly. I tugged on his hand and pulled him out, it was pouring cats and dogs and I smiled devilishly. I pulled Xavier out in the rain, we just stood there smiling, laughing and our hands in twined. I grabbed his hand and placed it on my waist and I grabbed the other hand and place it on my opposite shoulder. I wrapped my hand around his neck. And we swayed. We swayed the the melodies in our hearts, just happy. Hand in hand, chest to chest, nose to nose, forehead to forehead and we danced. Danced our troubles away.