Chapter 2 (Edited)

"OMG! They have freaking pizza."

I pumped my fists in the air and a bright crooked smile made its way on my face. I turned to Xavier and he just rolled his eyes at me and shook his head in disbelief. I stuck my tongue out at him, it's food for god sakes, if you cannot be happy about food, then why do you even have a reason to smile? Also can we take a moment to appreciate how godly a dish of pizza is. I shrugged at Xavier's disbelief and ran in line to grab myself a piece of this dish that was the epitome of heaven. I was about to grab the last piece but an extremely manly hand covered in veins beat me to it. I turned and stared into the face of a gorgeous green eyed, tall, broad shouldered blonde senior.

" I believe my girlfriend wanted that." Xavi called out menacingly his shoulders arched in a pose showing that he was definitely not afraid to throw a punch.

"Let the gorgeous lady speak for herself." The senior chuckled winking at me.

My insides fluttered up but I knew for the sake of Xavi and I, I had to speak up.

"Um I'd uh like that piece of pizza please." I stuttered lowering my eyes avoiding catching his eye.

"Yes, Milady." He flashed a dashing smile my way passed me the pizza and walked away chuckling to himself.

I gaped awkwardly, he was just but I'm just and I just oh my god. I turned to Xavier and he looked at me with sorrow and hurt, but he didn't say anything he just looked away and that was a total stab to my heart. I was totally checking the senior out and I went full blast with it in front of my beloved boyfriend. I just stared for a while before tears welled up inside, realising what I had just done. I was about to call out Xaviers name but he walked past me his shoulders brushing past mine. I looked down at my pizza and anger bubbled within me. What is wrong with me? I was Xavier's girlfriend yet I was making googly eyes at another guy and I know what you're thinking, what's the big deal? Well I think it was the underling intention that was made clear when I was debating on whether or not to respond and how to respond to the other senior. I felt a pat on my shoulder, hope bubbled, I hoped it was Xavier walking back, but when I turned it was only Derek. My sparkle filled eyes turned dull and I frowned.

"You going to eat that?" He smirked.

"Take it."

I harshly slammed the plate of the pizza and walked away. I heard my name being called but I ignored it and walked faster and faster, I felt my insides feel all upside down and I could feel myself feeling sick and with that my lips began to quiver. I began to walk even faster until my feet began to fly of the floor simultaneously, I didn't even notice but I had began to run. Run where? I didn't know I just wanted to curl up in a little ball and disappear entirely. I felt alone and disappointed in myself, I just wanted to run. Warm salty tears began to spill and my feet gave out under me. I sat on the grass, hugging my knees and closed my eyes. I wanted to disappear, I'm a terrible person, I hid my head in between my knees , letting the sobs take over me and whimpered softly.

Xavier's P.O.V

I sat on my lunch table, I knew I shouldn't be so hard on her but why couldn't she just keep her eyes only on me for once. Conner was dashing, perfect but I'm her man. Not him. I slammed the table in frustration, then I sighed, maybe I was being irrational. She didn't really do anything so why was I making such a big deal out of it. All of a sudden I could feel dead air surrounding me. I looked up and saw Derek placing himself beside me and then he stared me down.

"Why did she look like she was bout to cry?"

"Who?" I questioned bluntly

"You know goddamned who. Don't fucking play dumb."

Derek grabbed my collar bone and his breath lingered on me

"Remember I'm here, and it's really simple, you hurt her and you're done for." He stated dead panned.

"Kar was about to cry?"

"Give an award to this genius will ya. For someone pretty smart you are pretty dumb."

He got up and left. Karita was about to cry? Shit. I kicked back my chair, slung my book bag on my shoulder and left the cafeteria. I looked at the places I knew she would normally reside to when she was upset. Strangely though she wasn't at her regular places. Panic began to arise in myself, I really should learn to control my temper, I mean what was she really doing wrong? Nothing, I really needed to keep my rationality in check. I heard my footsteps bang upon the concrete floor, it banged and banged and banged over and over again. The bell rang signalling time to get to class, but I honestly didn't care, I just kept walking and walking around looking for Karita. When I reached the soccer field. The green grass, my eyes caught hold of a crouched figure, I peered through the distance, the dip dyed blue hair was visible. I knew that anywhere, Karita. I dropped my bag and ran to the far end on the soccer field. When I finally got there, all I heard were low soft whimpers.

"Hey."

She looked up. She look by far the most gorgeous woman in the world, she was an absolute beauty. Her eyes were red and loose tears ran down her tear stained cheeks and her bottom lip quivered. Her eyes once the caught mine, she began to wail then threw herself on me. I stumbled, loosing my balance I fell on the ground, and she was on top of me. Her hands grabbed my shirt and I could feel her fear through her soft grip.

"S-sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." She sputtered

I immediately felt bad for reacting the way I had earlier. My hand secured itself around her waist and I hugged her, I wanted to hug all her pain away. Every single ounce of pain that I ever caused her. I hugged her tighter and she gasped in response. 

"It's okay."

She bit her lip, and I couldn't take it anymore. I reached my head up and crashed my lips on hers. Our lips moved in sync and passionately. Everything around us slowly began to disappear. It was just us, not the sky nor the floor, just us. The world and its problems didn't matter at this moment, because for once we were invincible. I pulled apart and smiled at my princess.

"It's okay." I repeated in a hushed and smooth voice.

"It's okay?"

"It's okay."