Twenty Six - "Don't push me away again..."

Lydia Greystone lay silently in her bed two mornings after Finn's massacre, her eyes lay trained on the roof of the tent and her frail body ignored the touch of her shirtless boyfriend

Lydia Greystone lay silently in her bed two mornings after Finn's massacre, her eyes lay trained on the roof of the tent and her frail body ignored the touch of her shirtless boyfriend. She couldn't get the images out of her head, all of those people Finn killed, she loved the boy truly and dearly but even Lyds knew that something had to be done, if not for Finn's safety then for everyone else's. She couldn't risk losing the rest of her friends, even for a boy she loved.

The Collins boy had been the first person she'd met the second she was set free from her cells confinement's so he would always be special to her, so special in fact that she would have died for him. She would have died for any of her friends, she just never thought she'd see people die, not for them, but because of them. It changed everything.

But then again, perhaps she was more like Finn than she thought.

"L..." He spoke her nickname ever so softly that Lyds practically felt her lover's words touch her soul, and his touch stung. "Look at me."

"We both know if I look at you that I'm just going to cry." The blonde bit her lip

"Lydia stop it!" Bellamy snapped, however his voice was still one of a velvety tone, "What Finn did... You did everything you could to stop it, you ran to save him and Murphy because you thought they were in danger. You threw yourself in the firing line and you had no idea if he was going to keep shooting, it was the stupidest thing I've ever seen, but it was the bravest too. You saved as many as you could, you saved warriors and children-"

"But I couldn't save them all."

"You did what needed to be done... to survive."

"It can't always be about survival."

"Lyds - You can't keep beating yourself up over this, it's been two days. And you can't keep blaming Finn, we've all done things."

"I know how long it's been Bell and I don't blame Finn, his mind wasn't in the right place..." With those words spoken the Greystone girl forced herself to the edge of their bed and pulled on her boots once more, she avoided looking at Bellamy at all costs.

"Where are you going?"

"I just... I need to clear my head before we go out and look for the others."

"Lyds please don't push me away again."

"I'm not pushing you away I just need space to breathe Bell." Lyds lay her palms flat against the bed and pressed a kiss to her lovers cheek. "I promise."

"Okay I'll meet you at the gate in twenty."

"Sounds like a plan."

***

"I can't believe he's here." Octavia Blake let out a huff. She'd never been one to stray away from the truth, her friends knew that, and so they weren't surprised when she finally spoke the words everyone had been thinking.