Seventeen - "He slept with someone else"

"When the exodus ship came down

"When the exodus ship came down... my mom was on it. The parachutes never went up, they didn't slow down, there were no cries for help, they just hit the ground and exploded. As far as we could tell there were no survivors, we only found the hydrozine that Raven used to make that tin can bomb. I lost my mother, I lost fun and now we're losing our humanity..."

"Clarke?" Lydia let out a soft breath from where she knelt beside Clark's bed, "Please don't cry, I'm sorry I didn't know about any of this and that I wasn't here for you, I've been too wrapped up in Bellamy and Murphy and that was selfish of me. I should've been here for you, I should've been here for my best friend instead."

"It's okay Lyds, you've had your own problems, you got shot, you got high on Jobi nuts and then you got sick too remember?"

"Yeah my life is a mess, huh?" The two girls laughed, "Look... about your mom, wherever she is, I'm sure she's proud of you and what you've accomplished for everyone here. If I hadn't known you when I was in lock up I probably would've killed myself, I thought about it every day, but I had you. You're the reason I'm alive Clarke, you're the reason everyone here is alive, and if I was your mom I'd be a hell of a lot proud of you."

"You really think so?" The short girl sniffed, sitting up at the edge of her bed.

"I know so." Lydia pressed a gentle kiss to the top of her friends head, "Now come on, let's go get you something to eat."

"I'm not hungry." Clarke rolled her eyes in annoyance, but still she allowed Lydia to take her hand and followed her to the campfire.

"You're eating something."

"Are you my mom now?"

"Someone's gotta raises all of your asses."

The two girls spent over an hour sat in front of the fire, laughing, talking and sharing secrets. No one bothered them, not even for a single second, not even Bellamy who watched the pair from a far with a soft smile dared to ruin their moment. After everything they'd been through they needed their time.

"So how does it feel?"

"How does what feel?" Lydia rose a brow, she was confused but didn't allow it to effect her too much as she carried on eating.

"To be in love with an older man?" Clarke let out a loud laugh, it was the first time she'd really been able to be so carefree in what felt like forever, it felt good.

"Shut up!" Lydia hissed quickly placing a hand over Clarke's mouth, "He's literally stood over there."

"So you do love him?"

"I think so, or at least that's what everyone tells me."

"When you're in love, you know... I guess I must've loved Finn, maybe I even still do a little, I know that now, but he broke my heart... and I can't forgive that."