Two - "Do you trust me now?"

"Wait so he's your brother?"

"Not by blood, but yes, Murphy's my brother."

"Then he ain't your brother." one of the boys laughed

"We grew up together, her parents pretty much raised me. Childhood best friends." Murphy shrugged, "May as well be siblings."

It all seemed so surreal. Lydia Greystone was no longer a prisoner trapped on the Ark, instead she was on the ground, on earth, beside her best friend. It was like a cruel dream. It was hard to think that only hours early Lyds had been worried she would never see Murphy again, and now he was sat beside her as if nothing had changed, as if they both hadn't become prisoners. 

"That's the girliest shit I ever heard!" another one of the boys laughed, everyone else did too.

Lyds only shook her head from where she sat alongside the group of boys on the mossy grass. They just didn't get it, no one had ever quite gotten Lyds and Murphy's dynamic much like well, Lyds and Murphy had. That was what made their friendship all the more special, no one would ever have put the two together but somehow they just worked.

"I think it's sweet." Adam half smiled, "We weren't allowed siblings on the Ark, so why not choose your own?"

"Exactly." Murphy nodded, his arms pressed around the shorter girl's shoulders like a protective barrier

"What are those losers doing?"

Each of the boys followed Atom's line of view until their sights fell upon Clarke Griffin and Wells Jaha. The two were stood beside the dropship doors drawing on a map, deep in conversation, Lyds couldn't help but smile at the mere sight of Clarke.

"Leave them."

"That guy's dad is the reason your mom was floated!" Murphy snapped as he and the rest of the boys climbed to their feet making their way towards them. "And you want us to just leave them?"

"John, don't!" Lyds tugged at his arm, but it was no use, Murphy had already picked his target.

"Hey, hey, hey, hands off him." The brunette boy hissed upon seeing Wells push another boy away from Clarke, "He's with us."

"Relax, we're just trying to figure out where we are."

"We're on the ground." Bellamy took a step forwards coming to stand between the blonde girl and his sister, Octavia. "That not good enough for you?"

"We need to find Mount Weather, you heard my fathers message, that has to be our first priority."

"Screw your father." Octavia cut in, "What, you think you're in charge here? You and your little princess?"

"Don't talk about her like that." Lydia interrupted before she'd even realised the words had left her mouth, "Clarke isn't a part of this."

"Do you think we care who's in charge? We need to get to Mount Weather! How long do you think we'll last without those supplies? We got a 20 mile trek so if we want to get there before dark, we leave, now." Clarke explained, her small body enveloped with worry