Twenty Three - "Whenever you're ready..."

"We're gonna get you out of here

"We're gonna get you out of here."

Lyds Greystone would never have admitted it but seeing Anya that way, locked up in a cage, she couldn't help but feel it was what she deserved. For a brief moment she found herself wanting to leave the woman there but the violent fire in Lyds mind burnt out the second she looked it Anya's eyes. She was human, just like her.

"You. You're the warrior who beat me." Anya spoke through a struggled breath. She had waited for Clarke to leave before opening her mouth, it seemed this was a conversation her and Lydia needed to have alone.

"I'm not a warrior."

"You'll pay for what you did..." the woman spat venom, "But you have my respect. That is something to be earned."

"S-Shut up." Lyds shook her head

God, she thought, I'm becoming more like Bell than I realised.

"Got it!" Clarke yelled out and before the two girls knew it The Griffin girl was on the ground beside them once more, forcing the lock off of Anya's cage.

"Lyds I got it! Get her out!"

Instantly the Greystone girl forced herself part of the way into the cage and pulled Anya out. The women scrambled to their feet and Lyds wrapped her arms beneath the weak woman's shoulders, it was the least she could do after beating the crap out of her.

"Fuck, did you hear that?" Lydia's blood ran cold and before anyone could confirm her fears she had forced Anya back into her cage and pushed Clarke in beside her.

"What about you?" Clarke spoke with wide eyes

"I'll find somewhere!"

But it seemed the blue eyed girl was running out of time and so as the doctor walked into the room she climbed up into a vacant cage and hid herself inside.

"No." Clarke shook her head, "she'll see you!"

Lyds wasn't given the chance to reply.

Before the girl even knew what was happening the doctor was stood with her back to her cage, if she turned for even a moment then Lyds was going to be caught. There was no doubt in her mind that she wasn't already a wanted woman.

This is it. She thought, This is how I die.

However, the moment the woman began to turn a grounder boy in the cage beside Lyds let out a mad scream and flung his fist out towards the woman through the cage bars. She instantly stumbled back in shock, she hadn't even noticed Lyds was there.

Eventually the doctor fled the room and with soft eyes and a gentle smile Lyds turned to the caged grounder boy and whispered two words "Thank you."

He only nodded at her.

"I'll come back for you, all of you." She told him and just like that she climbed down from her cage and joined Clarke and Anya once more.

"Okay, we've gotta go, now!"