Twenty Four - "I love you Bell, I never said it back..."

Lyds Greystone would never have been able to say how her and Clarke had been separated if she was forced to explain, one moment she was trudging through the woods with her hands tied as Anya's prisoner and the next she was being pinned against the...

Lyds Greystone would never have been able to say how her and Clarke had been separated if she was forced to explain, one moment she was trudging through the woods with her hands tied as Anya's prisoner and the next she was being pinned against the dirt by a grounder, alone. She couldn't save her self, she didn't even have her hands free to fight back, all she could do was scream for Clarke, but her friend would never come.

"Clarke! Help me! Someone help me! Clarke!"

There was no use in screaming, in minutes she would be dead anyway.

"Please, let me go!"

It was in that moment that the grounder grabbed Lydia's knife from the ground beside them and held the tip above her chest, pressing it further and further down until the blonde felt a pain unlike any other radiate across her body.

"Stop! Please..."

Lyds knew the only way she could get the grounder to leave her alone was to die and so that was exactly what she did, she played dead for the second time that day and as if it was answer from the gods themselves the grounder backed off, believing her to be nothing more than a corpse.

Silently, the supposed dead girl climbed from the ground and with a yell so death defying and earth shattering, she pulled the knife from her chest with her still cuffed hands and ran at the grounder. The girl didn't even open her eyes, she just forced the knife into the nearest piece of flesh she could find. And when her eyes opened she found herself face to face with the dead grounder who's eye was gouged out. She pulled the blade free and the blood spatter hit her face like an ocean breeze and the grounder slumped to the floor.

"Oh fuck..." Lyds mumbled, and she too collapsed onto the ground. Her hands wouldn't stop shaking, "I killed him, I fucking killed him."

Mutedly, she crawled across the floor and tore the mask from the grounders face only to find it was not a man after all but more of a boy, he couldn't have been more than thirteen years old. And just like that Lyds was on her hands and knees, puking up whatever was left in her stomach.