Sixteen - "The way you love Bellamy."

The day moved along, the sun fell from the sky, and Lyds Greystone was still sick

The day moved along, the sun fell from the sky, and Lyds Greystone was still sick. Of course she'd began to gain some of her strength back after she forced herself to take care of the other sick prisoners, but she still felt weak. Thankfully she'd had Clarke, Murphy and Octavia by her side through it all, taking care of her, but she hadn't spoke to Bellamy in hours and for her it almost felt like torture.

"How are you feeling princess?" Murphy all but threw himself onto the hammock his friend was resting on. He landed beside her with a groan of protest from the piece of fabric and the pair began to swing from side to side.

"I was feeling pretty good until you came over here and disturbed me."

"So you're feeling better?"

"I guess so, at least I don't feel like I'm dying anymore."

"Well I guess that's a good sign." His smile faltered, "You know, I've been thinking about things a lot and I gotta ask- what is he to you?"

"Who?"

"Who do you think? Bellamy!"

"Well I care about him a lot, you already knew that Murphy." The girl sighed, her mind instantly went to the older man.

"You're not answering the question." John stared down upon the girl beside him. She only winced, and her head fell to rest against his chest in an attempt to almost hide herself from him. He already had his answer.

"You know I love you the most right? I could never love anyone the way I love you." Lyds spoke, but her eyes never met his.

"Not the way you love Bellamy."

It was in that moment as Lydia turned to finally look her brother in the eyes and the truth was told, and everything changed between the pair, that a yell could be heard for help and a bloodied Bellamy Blake all but fell into the dropship. And Lyds immediately abandoned her brother in favour of someone else.

"Bellamy! Oh my god!"

Both Octavia and Lyds raced to the older boy and the second they had he collapsed down onto a vacant mattress, puking blood onto the ground and onto himself.

"Hey big brother." Octavia's bottom lip trembled as Bellamy's sad eyes stared up into hers.

"O, I'm scared." He told her, Lydia could only sit and watch, defeated. If she lost Bellamy then none of it would be worth it, the fighting, the death, the suffering.

"It's okay to be scared Bell."

"Where's Lyds?" He asked with tears in his eyes all the while Octavia wiped the blood from his mouth.

"She's right here Bell."

"I-I need to talk to you... Just us."

"What you need is to rest."