Twenty Two - "You'll never love her like me."

"Lyds you're being crazy!"

"I am not crazy! I'm the only sane one here!"

Lydia Greystone let out a sigh of frustration. How could her friends all be so naive? Something was wrong with Mount Weather and nobody seemed to want to hear the voice of reason, all they cared about was that they had warm food and clean clothes, they seemed to forget that the rest of the delinquents were out there.

"Come on, Jasper! As my best friend, you need to listen to me."

"Alright, find some proof or even a real reason and maybe I'll listen." The boy shrugged before he climbed into bed.

"Okay, well there's no doors on the maps-"

"That's because they can't go outside, we know that."

Lyds was becoming beyond annoyed and angrily stuffed her hands into her pockets, why wouldn't Jasper believe her? That were supposed to be friends.

She stood there for a moment contemplating what to say next but that was when her fingertips brushed the cool metal of her knife hidden away in her pocket. She was supposed to have left it in Dante's study but couldn't bring herself to part ways with the one thing that tied herself to camp and to Bellamy.

With a smug smile upon her lips the blonde retrieved the knife and tossed it onto Jasper's bed. The Jordan boy immediately shot up, his eyes filled with wild panic as he tried ever so desperately to conceal the weapon.

"You got your knife in here? Lyds!"

"It's not what you think. Dante's men found it outside of camp and brought it back for me to examine, I was supposed to leave it with Dante."

"Then why do you still have it?" Jasper hissed

"Because, Bellamy was the last one to hold this thing and when he had it he was right outside of the dropship. So in my head I only see it going one of two ways... One, they lied about where they found my knife to appease us so we wouldn't escape again, so we'd think that they were making real progress in finding the others."

"And the second option?"

"Bellamy is alive." The blonde let out the breath she'd been holding, "That's another reason why I don't trust this place... because he isn't here with us."

"Well what are you going to do?"

"I'm going to find a way out of here that won't kill everyone and I'm going to find him and the others because we're all a family now and I can't lose another one."

***

"How long are you going to keep me locked up in here? I should be out there looking for her and the rest of our people."

"Until I'm confident you're not a threat to these people, and to Lyds. I'm the one who's going to be out there looking for her."

"I don't think you understand-" Bellamy glared. The entire situation was a mess. First he lost Lyds, his home, his people and now he'd lost any right to freedom that he had. He couldn't even leave to go search for the blonde girl who made his heart melt or find his friends who finally brought some joy to his life. He was a prisoner for the first time, now he really knew what it felt like to be one of the delinquents.