18) I think we need to talk

Anne stood shivering by the frost covered window of the small wooden shack that was surrounded by vast fields.
She couldn't stop worrying about her friends. Her poor friends. Stuck out there somewhere in the wood of Avonlea.

Maybe they're safe at home and they managed to get back! A glimmer of hope shone through the cloud of anxiety Anne had hovering above her ever since she awoke.

She felt a presence next to her. She turned to see Gilbert holding two ancient tea cups filled with delicious smelling brew.

Anne looked at the cups sceptically, raising her eyebrows at Gilbert.
"I tried to clean them as best as I could- there were centuries of dust left on those- but I think they're safe for use." He chuckled lightly.

We both looked out of the window. We watched as the light rain pattered down. The lightening and thunder had stopped thankfully and all was peaceful.

Anne glanced over to Gilbert- she could see the flicker of worry adorn his hazel eyes, before she knew what she was doing she reach over and brushed her hand against Gilberts. He automatically snapped out of his trance and looked down, his eyes widening in perplexity. She smiled warmly at him and he immediately knew it was her way of trying to comfort him, they held hands and felt sparks fly.

Anne's memory dashed back to the secretive first and last kiss they had outside of the school house before she broke up with him before they even courted. How soft his lips were and how she wished she could touch them again.

She shook the thought out of her head as she pictured him and Ruby, his snarky comments and the whole chalkboard fiasco. She immediately let go and saw a shadow of concern/hurt flash cross Gilbert's perfect complexion.
She turned away from the window, the hot tea still steaming from the light glass that was in her left hand.

She slumped gently on the couch, careful not to spill the tea.
Gilbert came and sat next to her.

"Anne..." He murmured, her head snapped towards him  her eyes frantically swiping through different emotions as if it was a tv remote

"I think we need to talk..."

I'm alive ?
Sorry this is late af but I'm currently doing exams so have just been busy lately
Hope you enjoyed this chapter and I promise the next will be better.