10) A piece of me is missing...because you stole it

Anne felt odd.
I know Anne is a rather odd person but this wasn't it.
Something just felt wrong.
It feels like a part of me is missing...
Anne turned around to look at where Gilbert sat.
There he was.
His dark curls shifting from side to side as he lifted his head to read the ongoing sums that lined up as if in a queue on the chalkboard;that lay at the front of the school room.
She sat there for a minute watching his eyes flicker from the board back down to his sums.
She sighed.
He was so dreamy.
Wait I'm not Ruby!
She snapped out of her trance and swivelled back around to face the front; unbeknownst that as her gaze left him his gaze landed on her.
She looked up at the board with a puzzled facial expression.
Gilbert watched Anne stare at the board for five minutes. She was obviously struggling.
Gilbert was about to step in when Anne's eyes suddenly widened and she leant over her chalkboard quickly tapping down numerous numbers down almost like she felt him coming.

Anne carried on tapping down each equation that lined the board. She could feel a presence watching her intently from behind. She finished her equation and swiftly swirled around her ocean eyes immediately meeting with a pair of bright hazel ones.
Him.
Gilbert Blythe.
Her eyes widened. He smiled at her, she was about to return it when she remembered their talk earlier one. She stopped herself, shook her head and turned back around.
She sighed.
I feel like a piece of me is missing... because you stole it.