6) The Dinner :2:

Third person
As Anne walked into the Blythe house she could immediately smell Gilbert's aroma. It was comforting and felt like home...I wonder if this will ever be my home...she thought to herself
She shrugged the thought off.
Gilbert was still stood there admiring her.
"What? Is something wrong with my dress?!" Anne said about to panic.
"No...no you look stunning Anne.." his cheeks turned bright red.
She blushed and looked down to the floor before meeting his eyes.
They stared for a while before they heard a bubbling.
"Oh the dinner must be ready!" Gilbert said quickly snapping out of the trance that Anne had him in.
"Please take a seat" he said kindly. Gesturing to the dinner table before he walked out the room and into the kitchen.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
When Gilbert finally returned Anne was sat at the dinner table waiting patiently. He placed the dinner in front of her and then placed it on his seat which was opposite hers.
The dinner was spaghetti.
He then placed a spare plate in front of both of them.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"That was delicious Gil!" Anne said as she swallowed the last chunk of her meal.
"May I.." she gestured to the spare bowl .
"Of course," Gilbert said. "I will too"
They both reached there forks in and grabbed a piece of spaghetti. It was a long piece so they both started sucking these pieces. It was awkward so they looked away. Still trying to suck the awfully long pieces from the pile.
After a few seconds they felt them selves being draw to the bowl and when they looked around their faces were millimetres apart.
They didn't know what do to.
Their faces were right close to each other and they had a string of spaghetti that attached them together in each other's mouth.
They both flushed.
And they both knew what to do.
Anne started to lean in..
But Gilbert did the same...
They bashed heads and the spaghetti broke and spattered on each other's faces.
Then as they were leaning forward so much both their chairs tipped over leaving them on the floor.
They both started laughing.
Gilbert got up quickly and ran to help Anne up.
She took his hand and they stood up.
Still blushing.
They didn't know what to do.
"I'll...umm.. take the plates out" Gilbert said quickly grabbing the plates and walking into the kitchen.
Whilst he was gone Anne spotted a recorded player in the corner of the room. It looked a bit dusty but Anne wiped it off and opened it up. It already had a record in it so Anne decided to play it. There was no awkward situation good music couldn't fix.
The music started playing. It was a soft romantic sound normally found playing in a ballroom.
She swung her hips softly from side to side,her dress swinging in the process.
Gilbert entered quietly,not wanting to disturb her.
He approached her quietly before tapping her on the shoulder and holding his hand out.
"May I have this dance?" He asked bowing at her whilst grinning.
"You may." She said grinning back whilst she curtsied.
He took her hand in his and place his hand round her waist whilst she put her hand on his shoulder.
They danced.
As they waltzed around the room their eyes never left each other's.
It was the most romantical thing.
Anne's heart was beating so fast.
She loved every minute.
This was perfect.
He spun her around in circles before ending the dance with her back to his chest.
She pulled away.
"That was lovely Gilbert..." she murmured.
"It was.." he said back capping them both to break out in a blush.
"Well I better get going... it's getting dark." Anne said picking up her skirt and walking to the door.
"Allow me to accompany you?" Gilbert said politely holding his arm out for Anne to hold.
She nodded her head.
" I would like nothing more." She took his arm and they walked out of the house arm in arm.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
The walk was peaceful. Gilbert watched Anne the whole time. Anne she watched him every now and then when she wasn't making little comments on the nature.
Soon they arrived at Green Gables sad to see their little night come to an end.
"Well...thank you for tonight... it was perfect.." Anne said looking up at Gilbert.
"It was..." Gilbert said dreamily looking at Anne.
"Anyway..."
"Anyway..."
She leant up to Gilbert's face and placed a soft kiss on his cheek.
He immediately blushed crimson.
"See you tomorrow Gilbert." She said giggling.
"See you tomorrow Anne." He said still red and now grinning at her.
She curtsied and he bowed before they parted ways.
Gilbert turned around to watch Anne happily skip and twirl up the garden path singing to herself.
He chuckled and headed home knowing he would never forget this night.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::