Chapter 13 Welcome Home

Luminary lies near Sanjo. It's a small town where Sanjo's mayor's daughter, Ema Wada, was born.

It was a peaceful evening; a married couple was walking back home with some groceries.

"Are you sure this will be enough food for a few days?" the man asked his wife, referring to the little amount of food they bought due to their lack of money.

"For a few days? Honey, this will be enough for the entire week! I'll make you so delicious meals that you'll beg for more and cry your eyes out while eating!" the blond doctor replied enthusiastically, quickly changing poses. She leaned closer to her husband, then away, put her finger on her chin, saluted and back to a normal stand.

He could only smile at that; she's such a dork. Her cooking wasn't as great as she thought, but in the situation, they're in right now it's the best they have.

"I just wish...he... could taste it too," she murmured, "I'm worried about him."

He sighed, placing his hand on her shoulder. "I know. He will taste it one day. We must have faith in him. I'm sure he's fine."

"Yeah... If he's anything like you," she chuckled.

"He's more like you at that," he told her.

They soon got to a small house with very few rooms. As they walked in a black-haired young man greeted them. He was sitting on the floor, several computer hardware pieces laying around him. He was putting them together.

"How is the building going?" the older man asked.

"Good. I'm missing only a CPU," the black-haired said, "it would be easy to buy but without jobs...we're lucky to have something to eat. We'll run out of money eventually."

"That's why we need to hurry in building the computer and creating the device, so we can call help from Sanjo without getting caught. If we put our names anywhere it'll be easier for him to find us."

"Right. I'll try to obtain it a different way. I can possibly check out the junkyard again. How's the device?" the black-haired wondered.

"We're still missing a power source to expand its ability."

"Is it going to work?"

"Possibly. It's the only weapon we have against...... him," the older man growled with hatred in his voice, "once it is done, we can find the others and stop hiding."

————

Meanwhile, in Sanjo, Dr. Drake was chasing Ace with his giant needle across the room to give him anesthetics. His oldest daughter and wife were standing in the room, watching.

"Ace, don't run away! It won't hurt, I promise. Just one shot and you'll feel nothing!"

The Carnotaurus hissed scaredly and climbed on a shelf to hide.

"Come on... Why do you keep running away?"

Reese sighed in irritation. "Maybe you should use a smaller needle?" she suggested.

"Never!" her father replied determinately as the light flashed across his glasses.

"Okay." She shrugged.

Ace tried to scratch his forehead with his short arms, they all noticed it. "Does he have something on his forehead?" Rosie wondered.

"Exactly. I suppose something's implanted there," Reese said, "that's why I brought him here to get it out. Dr. Taylor mentioned that he witnessed Ace shaking his head and roaring in pain when he refused to fight. I'm certain that that must be how they forced him to obey, through using physical pain." She stayed calm while saying all that, making her parents a little concerned.