Chapter 1 Two years later

Sun went down over Sanjo City. People stared up in the sky; there was a big flying ship. Then the sky crack opened, a colorful tunnel appearing in the hole, and the ship flew in. They were fascinated. This starship, the other one, dinosaurs all over the world, the plants and insects, that dark cloud, all looked like from a sci-fi-fantasy movie. They couldn't find a meaningful answer to all of that.

There were only a few people who knew that answer; they all were standing in front of the D-lab, a strange-looking building standing on top a hill above the town.

Two of them, two children, run to the edge of the hill as the ship disappeared, waving and crying.

The adults cried a bit too, except for one.

They watched the children.

One of the kids, Zoe, wiped away her tears.

"No... I won't cry anymore. He wouldn't want to see me like this," she thought.

Her friend, Max, unlikely couldn't stop crying.

They both waved for almost an hour, their arms hurt. Their families then led them home. Before that, they only smiled at each other. They were too weak for any words.

————

It was already dark outside when a young boy, Cole Taylor, came back home.

"Hey! I'm back!" He headed to the living room. He saw his parents. They still had some tears in their eyes; the mood was a bit tense.

"Hey, Cole!" his father greeted him.

"He's gone, right?" Cole asked, waiting for a nod, "he didn't even say goodbye to me. Hey! It's not a great tragedy. He's feeling better now. He has what he's always wanted."

He came over to his parents, hugging them. "I'm glad you're both back and okay," he murmured, "and that the house is back too. Where's Kid anyway?" "He's sleeping in his room," his mother replied, "don't wake him up, he needs to rest." "Okay, mom." Cole walked away backward, but that was a mistake.

He fell into a hole. He wouldn't expect something like that; no one would.

"Cole!" His parents ran to the edge of the hole, looking down at him.

"Holy dino! What the...? I won't even ask why it's here... Can you get me out of here?!"

They helped their son up.

"Sorry, I've forgotten about it," his father apologized.

"Why...? Just why, dad?" Cole sighed. "I go upstairs, and I hope the floor won't break under my feet."

He turned around, waved to his parents and headed up. "Goodnight."

Upstairs, Cole peeked in his little brother's room.

Max was sleeping and loudly snoring. Cole only grinned.

He then carefully closed the door and went into a different bedroom. It wasn't his own. It now seemed so empty. All the stuff of its previous owner was still there, and they couldn't take any of it with them.

"I'll miss you, dude," Cole whispered before closing the door and heading to his room.

————

The mood wasn't better at the Drakes.

Zoe was sadly looking down.

"I understand you're sad, but that won't change anything," her older sister told her. She as the only one didn't show any sadness, that made Zoe mad.

"No. You can't understand me! Why can't you feel the same?! Why don't you cry? Why are you so emotionless?!" she snapped and ran in her room.

"Zoe!" Reese yelled at her sister.