Chapter 8 The Spell Of Love

Yes, I am still alive, just busy and stressed out; I hope such a delay won't happen again.

Anyway, enjoy!

————

Warning, this chapter contains uncomfortable and disturbing scenes.

————

Sue, her Daspletosaurus, Kyra, Jessica, Dinoman, and Blitz came back to the D-lab. Dinoman's hand was still bleeding a little.

"How did you do?" Justin asked them.

"Hell great," Sue murmured annoyedly, "I fought through that all alone." The Daspletosaurus growled at her. "Fine, you helped..." Sue glared.

"We did great!" Kyra said, showing them the cards.

Cole's eyes widened; the symbol on the cards was identical to his stone. He rushed to Kyra. She gave him the cards.

"I have my own dinosaur!" Cole grinned and looked at Kyra. "You're amazing, babe!" Kyra blushed as she heard that.

Cole was about to hug her, but he stopped; they stared at each other awkwardly. They looked away, blushing.

"Thanks, Kyra..." Cole mumbled, rubbing the back of his head.

"You're welcome. I'm glad you're happy!" Kyra smiled at him.

Dinoman grinned and headed out. "My job here is done."

"But you didn't do anything," Sue snapped as Dinoman and Blitz left.

They all walked down off the platform.

Cole carefully swiped one of the cards. The grey Compsognathus appeared at his feet; he was much smaller than the others.

"A Compy! That's so cool!" Cole's eyes widened. The Compy climbed on his shoulder. "Hey there, buddy!" The Compy growled happily and looked at the other card in Cole's hand. "You want me to call them out as well?" The Compy nodded.

————

Dinoman and Blitz were walking through the forest back in the city when the man took the helmet off. His brunet spiky hair was messy from the helmet. Spike Taylor, the man nobody recognized under Dinoman's mask looked down at his Styracosaurus.

"They did a good job," he said, smiling, "I'm sure they can do even better together. Have you noticed what Ace had on his forehead and what happened to Rex?"

Blitz only roared. Spike sighed. "What am I thinking? I won't get an answer from you; at least not one I could understand." He looked at the helmet. "I'm sorry, Blitz, but I must keep you in the card, so, we don't blow up our cover." Blitz nodded understandably. Dr. Taylor touched a plate attached to the helmet and Blitz turned into a card.

————

Spike got back home and hid the helmet and Blitz's card. While he was looking for a good place he opened a drawer in the bedroom and saw a dark grey crystal. He frowned and closed the drawer, looking for a different place.

Then he sat down on the bed, looking at his bleeding hand, not bothered at all.

The door opened and Aki entered the room. "You're back-Oh my god!" she gasped as she noticed the blood, covering her mouth. She rushed for the first aid kit.

"What happened to you?" she asked him when she returned and took off his glove. He was silent. He didn't want to make her worried; who knows how would she react to his plan.

"Spike?"

He looked at her. "You gave up on Cole's crystal."

She glanced away, her hands shaking. "No...... I'm scared... The Akuno first took Rex and then attacked Zoe...I don't want to be part of this..."