Chapter 4 Guardians

In the silence of the library, Sabi was explaining things to her blond friend. She desperately tried to educate her. Meanwhile, the blonde kept her light blue eyes on the display of her phone, texting and sometimes playing with her very long hair.

"Um, Niki, are you listening?" Sabi asked her. The blonde looked at her for a second, responding, "yup." And turning her attention back to her phone.

"Niki!" the brunette raised her voice, "stop updating your Myspace and pay attention to me. I'm trying to help you here."

"Well, sorry, but Nick posted a new photo!" Niki told her, her eyes shining in happiness. She showed her a photo of a brunette boy. Sabi rolled her eyes. "No wonder you're getting worse in school, you either look at your phone or strip Nicolas with your eyes. Try to focus. Put the phone on the table."

Niki did so, pouting.

Sabi started explaining again. Niki listened carefully. Throughout education, Niki's phone rang. Her eyes fell on it.

"Don't even think about that," Sabi told her.

Niki frowned, still looking at it. Sabi noticed and took the phone. Niki reached for it, but Sabi put her hand up, so she can't reach it.

"Sabi!"

"No way!"

"Well, just let me answer to that message!"

"Forget about that."

Niki leaned over her friend still trying to reach her phone. Sabi's chair lost balance, and the two girls suddenly fell to the floor.

"Ow!"

Some people shushed them.

"Sorry."

Niki snitched the phone and replied, still lying on Sabi.

Sabi glared at the blonde.

"So, done! Well, did it hurt?" Niki wondered.

Sabi raised her eyebrows. Then she noticed their bags also fell over. Their books were lying around, but not only them. There were two strange lithographs and cards.

Sabi picked one stone up, examining it. It had a golden symbol of a star.

"What's that?" Niki asked her, taking the other stone with purple mountains and the cards with the same symbol.

————

On the other side of the city, in the school's art club its leader was drawing. The room was calm and silent until the door burst opened and her older sister Kyra entered the room. Alice got scared and accidentally draw a line across the picture. She glared sadly.

"Ally, you won't believe what I've just found!" Kyra said happily, "I left the nurse's office for a while and when I came back. This-" She showed Alice a stone plate and a card. "-was lying on the table. You know what that means!"

Kyra was so full of happiness she started to sing.

Alice smiled, showing her also a stone and a card. Hers was different; it had three gems, red, blue and yellow.

Kyra stopped singing, focusing on the card. She gasped. "You have Tashi! I knew that you two would meet again!" Alice nodded and swiped the card.

A small Pachycephalosaurus appeared, looking around. Something was different about it. The last time Alice saw this dinosaur, a blinding light shined from its head, but now it's gone.

The Pachycephalosaurus nuzzled Alice's leg.

"Aww! She's adorable!" Kyra squeaked and did the same, summoning a Corythosaurus, squeaking even more.