Chapter 15 Putting Out The Fire

A part of the group was hanging out in the D-lab, excluding Kyra, who still didn't feel okay, and Zoe and Sue, who were somewhere together.

Justin was working on something on his laptop when he noticed someone at the entrance door of the lab. He double-clicked the window with the camera video to see two girls and a dinosaur, a brunette, and a smaller black-haired girl. "Somebody is outside."

Max looked over his shoulder. "Sabi and Dark? Let them in." Justin nodded and pressed the enter key. The laptop was connected to the D-lab's main computer, so he could control stuff in the lab.

Outside, the door opened and Sabi walked with the rest inside. They didn't know where exactly to go since they've never been there. Star smelled other dinos and led the way. Once they got to a door, it opened and they walked in the main room where the others were.

"Good morning," Sabi said, looking around, "Woah, this place is huge."

"It is amazing!" Dark gasped. Chomp, Ace, Tashi, Karo, Blitz and the Compy Squad rushed to her, jumping at her and happily wagging their tails. "Hi, guys." Dark knelt down and gave each of them a pat on the head.

"It is nice when somebody finally appreciates it here," Reese said monotonously.

"Hey, it's great to see you again," Max told the girls. Justin looked back to the door. "So, these are the two you mentioned?" he asked and looked up at Max who nodded. "Both Sabi and Dark helped us a lot!" Max grinned and rubbed the back of his head with his left, unbroken hand.

"I'd say that's an overstatement," Sabi tried to correct him, "I was the one who caused that dino's card to activate in the first place. But I'm not here to talk you out of your beliefs. We're here because Dark wanted to talk to Rex."

The blondie looked at her. "Talk to me? About what?" he asked, raising his eyebrows. "I'm not sure," Sabi replied and glanced at Dark, who was paying attention to the chibies, "she woke me up and said it's urgent. I think she remembered something from the Akuno. Hey, Dark?"

"Huh?" The small girl straightened up.

"What was it you wanted?"

"Um..." Dark scratched her cheek, her eyes narrowing at Rex. "I forgot..."

"What?!" everyone gasped in shock. Max fell to the floor, getting immediately got back up.

Rex smiled. "It's okay, Dam-...Dark."

"I just can't recall that memory... Lo Siento." "I said it's okay. You don't need to worry about that; you'll tell me once you remember."

"It seems that your memory isn't getting any better," Sabi murmured.

"Maybe because it's from the Akuno..." Dark suggested.

Sabi pulled Dark's pouch out of her pocket. "Anyway, we brought some dinosaur cards Dark had on her."

"Dinosaur cards?!"

Dark nodded. "I think I stole them from the Akuno...I know stealing is bad, but those dinosaurs were calling for help."

"Dark..." Sabi shook her head. "I looked through the cards. There is always at least one for seven separate elements, fire, grass, earth, lightning, wind, water, and rainbow...? I'm not sure how to call it. And there are move cards that have no symbol at all, like my Atomic Bomb move. There are no cards that would fit other stones though."

"Say what?" Cole growled, "no fair! I want my move card."

"How come there aren't more cards for the new stones?" Max wondered.

"Because the new stones and cards were created by the Akuno," Rex explained, "I'm not sure how, but they created them to have their weapon against us. Thankfully it didn't go as planned."