Chapter 14 Without Memories

Once the battle against Mary and the Therizinosaurus was over, Dark, the girl that saved Sabina and then her sister, confessed that she has no place to go. Sabi immediately offered her to live with her and her family. Dark didn't want to agree at first since she didn't mean to bother anyone and be a dead weight to the Kon family, but Sabi insisted; she refused 'no' as an answer. Dark had no other choice but to agree.

The small girl was welcomed in no problem. Sabi made her someplace in her room and herself a bed on the floor. Dark didn't seem to like that.

"No, I can't sleep in your bed. I can't let you sleep on the floor..." she murmured.

"Dark, it's okay. You're a guest. It's not a big deal."

"But...Sabina-"

"Sabi. My friends call me Sabi," the brunette corrected her. Dark nodded. "You should take a shower, meanwhile, I'll find some clothes for you, okay?"

"S-shower...?" Dark shivered.

"Yeah, is there something wrong?"

She blushed, glancing away from her, embarrassed. "I... I'm......" she mumbled. "Sorry, I couldn't hear that. What?" Sabi wondered.

"I'm scared of water..."

"Aquaphobia?" Well, that complicates things. Sabi had no idea what to do, she's never read anything about the life of an aquaphobic. "Should I go with you then?"

Dark nodded slowly. "It'll be better. I usually feel dizzy and start to remember things I don't want to..."

Sabi assumed she's referring to the origins of her phobia. She took Dark's hand and led her to the bathroom. Everything went pretty good, Dark was shivering the whole time, Sabi expected it much worse.

When they came back to the room, Sabi gave her some of her old clothes. The clothes were so baggy on Dark's thin body.

Next, Dark had to eat something, she hasn't eaten for days, maybe weeks. While she was eating, Sabi noticed a pouch Dark had with her. Star sniffed to it and wagging her tail. Sabi frowned thoughtfully. What could be inside?

She was curious about it; she reached her hand to it, but then stopped. She remembered what happened the last time she wanted to know more.

She headed to the dining hall and Star followed her. She saw Dark quickly eating. The girl was so modest until it came to food.

Sabi chuckled softly.

"Oh, Sabi. I'm glad you came," her mother told her, "I wanted to ask you how long is your friend going to stay here."

"Um..." Sabi glanced down, trying to make up a believable lie.

"Something wrong?" her father asked her.

"It's...hard to explain... Dark has no place to go. She's...This whole time she's been living in...the Akuno... It's a place full of dark magic."

"You've watched Harry Potter again?"

"Yes, dad, but this is real."

Dark looked up from her meal. "...she is telling the truth. I don't remember much, but I've lived in a dark place, Akuno. There aren't nice people, for the most part, that's where I got some of these scars...and...and..." she sniffled.

"Dark..."

The girl stood up from the finished meal. "I appreciate your help... But I don't deserve this. I don't think I can stay... I won't bother you."

"Nonsense," Sabina's mother said, "you can stay here as long as you want. You've done so much for our daughters."

"Okay..." Dark walked away.