Arthur Morgan: Assassin

Start from the beginning

"So, you know all of us?" Arthur asked curiously.

"Yeah, pretty much...I'm sorry about your friends" you smiled sympathetically, you knew about the men that they had lost along the way.

"...thanks...have you been watching us or something?" he asked another question, wanting to know exactly how much you knew. Actually, he was a little curious about how nobody had noticed you.

"...a little...only to find out information about the O'Driscolls. I lost them for a while and figured that one of you might know where he is" you explained, assuring him that you only took the information that you needed before leaving them alone.

"That's kinda...creepy" Arthur chastised but you saw the small smile tugging at his lips.

"It's what I do" you shrugged with a smile of your own, taking another sip of your drink.

"What do you mean by that?" he asked, seeming less concerned now and just genuinely curious instead.

"People pay me to do their dirty work, to get rid of people mostly. Been pretty preoccupied recently though" you told him. You hadn't been working much since you had been focused on Colm.

"You're a hit man...hit woman?" Arthur asked, and you laughed softly as he tried to figure out what to refer you as.

"I prefer the term Assassin, has a little more mystery to it" you chuckled.

"Why did it take you so long to find Colm?" he asked and it was a sensible question. If you were good at your job, why would it take you so long to get to one man?

"He isn't an easy man to find, he knew I was after him, and those loyal morons of his kept getting in the way" you told him, it wasn't like you were looking for a random man, it was a gang leader. They were always harder to deal with.

"We are in town to make sure that he swings, since his men are going to try to get him out of this" Arthur nodded, knowing that Colm and his men could be difficult. Colm had been sentence to death countless times by now but always got away somehow.

"Not on my watch, Mr Morgan" you smirked, there was noway you were letting them leave. If Colm escaped the gallows, he wouldn't escape you.

"Not on ours either, Miss...?" Arthur replied but realised that he still didn't know your name.

"Y/N L/N, it's a pleasure" you smiled as you held your hand out for him to shake.

"That it is" Arthur smiled back as he shook your hand.

The pair of you sat and talked for a while, he explained the plan that he and his friends had come up with. After that you were both left with nothing to talk about, since you had both used up all of your Colm O'Driscoll material. So, instead, you started talking about yourselves, learning a little about the other. There was definitely some sort of connection here, talking to each other was just easy.

Unfortunately the saloon doors burst open and a ground of O'Driscolls walked in, laughing and talking loudly. You and Arthur both rolled your eyes but kept your heads down, hoping not to have any encounter with them.

One of the O'Driscolls, followed by the others, walked towards you. You hoped that they just wanted to order a drink but you weren't that lucky. The O'Driscoll leaned on the bar, looking at you with a smirk. He introduced himself and offered to buy you a drink, you just scoffed and declined his offer.

You kept turning him down but the others began to encourage the pair of you, you could see Arthur's hand tightening around his glass.

"I'm not interested" you snarled one more time but they weren't interested in what you had to say.