The Van der Linde Gang: Family

Start from the beginning

Javier had taught you a few Spanish words and phrases, enough to understand him in casual conversation but not enough to speak fluently. The pair of you would often annoy the others by speaking in Spanish to each other, sometimes you would just pretend to understand what he was saying to frustrate the others.

One night around the campfire, Javier had offered to teach you how to play the guitar and you were quick to take him up on his offer.

He understood that you might not want to have lessons in the middle of the camp where everyone could see you, since that might be uncomfortable for you. So he would take just outside the camp, far enough way for the other to not be able to hear you.

Javier was a great teacher, he was patient and obviously loved music. Before you knew it, you were a pretty damn good guitar player. Not as good as Javier but he promised you that you would get there one day.

-----

Ever since you joined the gang and understood that they were all outlaws, you had been asking them to teach you how to defend yourself. In other words, you wanted to learn how to shoot a gun but overprotective Dutch was dead set against it.

Everyone followed Dutch's orders and didn't let you anywhere near a gun, everyone other than Micah that it. Micah had been telling you that you need to learn to handle yourself for a long time, just in case you didn't have anyone else with you to help you. He cared about you more than he would admit, and you knew it. Micah used to be pretty hard on you, like he was with everyone but he seemed to have formed a soft spot for you.

After Micah mentioned that you should learn how to defend yourself, everyone told him to leave it alone and to not let you use a gun.

But once you were old enough, at least in Micah's opinion, Micah started giving you shooting lessons anyway.

You had been having shooting lessons for a little while now and you had the basics. Micah would take you somewhere a little away from the camp when he knew that nobody would notice your absence, that was where you had your lessons.

"You're not listening" Micah grumbled. He was watching you with his arms crossed over his chest, he was watching you aim the gun at the row of bottles.

"I am listening" you rolled your eyes, he wasn't exactly the most patient teacher.

"You're an awful student" he all but grunt as he walked towards you.

"You're an awful teacher" you replied, making him chuckle to himself.

"Higher...there ya go" Micah nodded after lifting the gun up slightly. You pulled the trigger and managed to shoot on of the bottles, making you smile. "Good job, kid" he patted you on the shoulder, making you smile again.

-----

You and Sean where sitting opposite each other at a table in camp, playing five finger fillet. He was the only idiot who could convince you to play this stupid game with him. You just finished your round and Sean had started his.

Arthur walked towards you both with an amused look on his face, knowing that Dutch wouldn't like the idea of you playing a game that could hurt you. Even Arthur thought that Dutch's over protectiveness was a little too much, but he knew that it was juts because he cares.

"One of you fools is going to lose a finger" Arthur chuckled to himself as he watched Sean completing his round.

"Ah, shut it, King Arthur" Sean rolled his eyes as he finished his round, using the nickname that he knew annoyed Arthur.