King park on the floor

Songs of the chapter:

You- the 1975

Cemetery weather- isles and glaciers

Dark paradise- Lana del Rey

Twin size mattress- the front bottoms

Edward Benz, 27 times- la dispute

*Jaime's POV*

I woke up the next morning on the floor.

As usual.

But what wasn't usual was the floor. It's definitely not my floor because I have hardwood floors and this is carpet. I shot up from my position and scan the familiar room until my eyes fall upon the beautiful boy.

That's when it all comes back to me.

Mike and tony, me telling vic about my alcoholic step dad, getting drunk, the kiss.

That kiss.

How could I ever forget that? There's not enough alcohol or amnesia in the world to erase the feeling of his lips on mine.

Then I began to worry about if vic didn't remember. Or maybe if he did.

What would his reaction be? Would I be able to handle the rejection that was inevitably awaiting me when he awakes.

No. I couldn't handle losing him. He was the closest thing I've had to a friend and losing him would send me into a downward spiral. One that I don't know if I'd survive.

I need to stop thinking like this. I look out of the room and realize that it's still dark outside. I silently crawl over by Vic's night stand to check the clock.

4:59am

What is today? Is it a school day? Did I tell Sed I was here?

Why did I ask myself that question. I know the answer. And I also know he doesn't care. He probably didn't notice my absence. The house is always silent anyways.

I sigh and lay back down on my back and stare at his ceiling. It's a ceiling. The average kind you'd find in any house. But his ceiling was comforting. Or maybe it was just the fact that it's his ceiling.

I hear stirring on the bed and look over to see vic frantically moving. What do I do? Do I just sit here and let him be?

I settled on the latter, not because I didn't want to help him, mostly because I didn't want to scare him. He could be having just a silly nightmare. Plus, He might not even remember me being here.

After about 5 minutes of stirring, the noise ceased. I laid there and eventually grew tired of silence. I hear it to often and I want nothing more than something to end the only noise being my thoughts.

So I pulled out my head phones and sifted through my music finally settling on king park by la dispute.

I listened to the lyrics and I thought about the story being portrayed.

The man wanted to kill himself because he accidentally shot a kid and he figured ending his life would make it even.

The words screamed in a voice laced with despair and agony rang through my ears

'Can I still get in to heaven if I kill myself? Can I ever be forgiven cause I killed that kid? It was an accident I swear it wasn't meant for him. And if I turn it on me, if I even out, can I still get in, or will they send me to hell?'

Those words always gave me goose bumps. They say an eye for an eye just makes the whole word go blind. And maybe, even though it's scary to say, that's what the world needs. Maybe if we were all just robbed of our sight it would fix things. Maybe then we'd truly see. Figuratively of course.