≈ 18

"Hmm..."

Jungkook sighs into his pillow, frustrating thoughts passing his mind.

"How could I even make this better?",
He mumbles to himself with a pout.

But suddenly an idea popped into his mind, but that idea could never work... or could it?

No!

It's such a dumb idea, and he'll definitely say no after all.. but I guess I gotta try..
Jungkook thinks, standing up from his bed.

※※※
When Jimin opened the door after it rang, his eyes widen when he sees Jungkook with luggage in his hands.

He blinks a few times till Jungkook opens his mouth to speak up.

"I-I have to sleep here!"

Jungkook says straight forward and Jimin doesn't quite know how to react. After all, the awkward tension between them hasn't changed and yet Jungkook suddenly asks him to sleep at his place? They must be reason, right?

"W-Why?"

Jimin asks with a stutter coming from itself by the confusion in his voice.

"Well.. My place started to burn and I can't sleep in there anymore.."

"Don't you have other friends?"

"No", Jungkook says, a nervous sigh leaving his mouth before he continues, "Taehyung has.. a girlfriend, not only them but I'd feel really uncomfortable to bother.."

He says, weird feelings building up in his stomach just thinking about Taehyung having a girlfriend. Him? A girlfriend? Sure, Jeon. He thinks.

"Uh.. I don't know.."
Jimin says, scratching his neck and now when Jungkook's looking at him clearly, he notices how cute Jimin actually looks right now. In his baby blue pijamas which expose his pretty legs thanks to the shorts, his newly dyed blond hair sits on his forehead in a messy state and not to mention, his sleepy chubby face as if he just planned to go to sleep. He must've been tired.. Jungkook thinks, feeling guilty to just pop up out of nowhere. But he can't deny that he's glad he could see this side of Jimin.

"I was just about to go to sleep.. I guess I still have a place for you to sleep.. I don't have a spare room though, I can sleep on the couch and you on the bed if you wa-"

"No it's okay, I can sleep on the couch" Jungkook says with a smile, the guilt growing bigger and bigger because after all, Jimin is still being so nice to him. It hurts his heart.

"But that's not nice.. You're a guest after all!"

"An uninvited guest.." Jungkook mumbles quietly but still loud enough for Jimin to hear.

Jimin sighs, looking at the couch infront of them.

Jungkook follows his gaze and he starts to bite on his lips.

"We can... both sleep here. It's big for the two of us"

Jungkook says, a smile appearing on his face just thinking about sharing a couch with Jimin and being able to wake up to a cute face.

"A-Are you crazy?! We can't do that, it's weird.."

Jimin says, his face burning up from embarrassment.

Jimin sighs again, making himself fall onto the couch. "I'm not tired anymore..", he says into the pillows.

Jungkook joins him on the couch, just a few centimeters away from Jimin.

"Am I making you uncomfortable in your own apartment?"
Jungkook asks with an unsure tone and Jimin shakes his head.

"No! It's just.. very sudden and I wasn't even prepared and these days we are so awkward and we never even talked properly an-"

"Hey, calm down" Jungkook says, stroking Jimin's hair for a second after releasing the touch immediately.

"I'll not be a bother! You sleep on that side, I sleep here." Jungkook says after going to his spot.

"Okay.. You can sleep if you're tired, I'll stay awake for a bit"
Jimin makes himself comfortable on the couch while watching things on his phone.

"I'm sorry"
Jungkook says after a while and Jimin looks up from his phone to look at Jungkook.

"For what?"
Jimin asks with his eyes still focused on Jungkook, which makes him a little nervous.

For not treating you right.
He'd actually say if he wouldn't be so nervous.

"F-for just coming to your place without being invited..."
He says instead, flinching at his own words.

"I already told you it's okay! I guess we can get closer like that after all. I hope you can find a solution for your apartment though!"

Jimin says and Jungkook's heart skips endless of beats, he'd love to hug him right now.

But then Jungkook noticed Jimin trembling for a while now and he realized that it sure is really cold.

"Woah, the heater is broken, it's really cold, isn't it?"

Jungkook looks at his blanket and didn't hesitate to give it to Jimin.

But instead, Jungkook threw it to him and maybe a little too hard too, burying Jimin under the blankets.

"Ow.. Why did you throw a blanket at me, Idiot!"

"Didn't you just say you were cold, dumbass?!"

Jungkook says with a loud voice because Jimin started off with a yell. Probably because he was surprised by the sudden blanket flying on him.

Jimin blushes and mumbles a small 'oh' following a thank you.

This time, Jungkook notices the blush on the older's face and his heart starts to race faster than before.

"I'm sorry for surprising you.. I didn't mean to"

Jungkook says, playing with his hands, too embarrassed to look at Jimin right now.

"You're actually really nice"
Jimin smiles softly, taking Jungkook's breath away as soon as he took a glance.

"A-ah really? I feel like I'm the worst.."
Jungkook sighs, Jimin standing up from his spot to sit closer to Jungkook.

"You're just too aggressive with your actions", Jimin giggles, "just like a tsundere" he adds with a smile.

Jungkook blushes and he totally can't take it anymore. He turns to Jimin and embraces his arms around him.

Jimin gasps before his expression softens into a small smile before he responds to the hug.

When the hug loosens up, Jungkook takes a few seconds to look at Jimin's flushed face and taking in a deep breath before starting to talk.

"Actually..", Jungkook pauses, "I happen to really like you"

He confesses with a shaky breath, Jimin just slightly opening his jaw from surprise.

"A lot" Jungkook adds, clenching his fist.

※※※
Jsjsjaidk I gotta continue this faster than usual, before y'all come at me 👉🏻👈🏻🤭😳