[ 21 ]

[ jisung pov ]

i was just on the phone with my boss, updating him about the shoots we had left for the week. i ended the call swiftly and muttered a "phew". then, i heard two knocks on my door. i walked towards it and opened it, welcoming the only person that actually comes to my house - chenle.

"i screwed up," that was the first thing he said as he hurriedly entered my house, as if it were his own. "big time." i chuckled, "what happened?" chenle jumped around, as i noticed he was wearing a small cast around is wrist. "hey, for real now, what happened? to your hand especially." he looked down, and smiled sheepishly.

"so... i was walking down the stairs to art class, thinking about sicheng and yuta- i mean mr yuta again. and kind of tripped and fell. nothing serious though! don't worry," he smiled. isn't he just the cutest? i'll answer that for you, yes. "and because mr yuta was our art teacher, jeno called him and he brought me to the hospital. but... he got mr choi to call my guardian, which was ge. and they met at the hospital and all is well. ge is definitely not crying in his room now. haha... ha..." he raised his hand and facepalmed himself. "i'm so stupid, god damn it."

"hey, don't say that. you didn't know what was coming either. most importantly is that at least they got to see each other. they probably missed each other, a lot. and as long as you're fine, physically, i'm relieved." i reassured him, pulling him into a hug as i put his hand from his head down. i put my chin on top of his head and patted it gently. his hands wrapped around my body, as he said, "thank you jisung-ie."

and the nickname was back.

♣️

[ yuta pov ]

as i walked home from the hospital, as school was over by the time we left the hospital, i thought of sicheng. if you asked me if i loved him, i'd say no. but i'd be lying. i loved him, but i loved my passion for art too. photography was just a way of expressing it. being an art teacher would've been the best option, artists had to start young.

i sometimes regretted being an art teacher, but sometimes i didn't.

i never regretted because i thought i made the right decision. no principal would take in a teacher that was gay. the society we live in now, will not respect me. i could not risk it, i just wanted to do what i loved the most.

i regretted because i still love sicheng. i really do. everyday i walk past the bus stop he's at with a boy, i see his perfect features, each matching the other as he stands up and hails the taxi. i always hesitate to go forward and talk to him. i think he knows i saw him too. i miss him, so damned much.

♣️

[ sicheng pov ]

as i slowly stopped crying, i thought about the previous yuta and i. the happy yuta and i. the dates we had together during the one and a half years we've been together. i thought about how we met, at a photographers' meeting, where all professional photographers met up as a gathering. that's where we met. i wanted to rewind time, to the photographers' meeting and that i did not talk to him. i looked down and sighed, wiping the tears as i did so.

-
yay another update, i added a yuta and sicheng pov to include their thoughts and feelings about each other, hope that was okay,,