[ 6 ]

[ jisung pov ]

it was saturday, meaning chenle didn't have school. i wanted to bring him and sicheng out, let them see this neighbourhood a little more. i knocked on their door, waiting for someone to reply.

"who's there?" chenle's voice sounded as he opened the door. his expression changed into a smile as he waved, "hello jisung!" i smiled back as i asked about sicheng's whereabouts.

"he's a cameraman in sbs. so he works on saturdays too." he explained. that's cool, i've always wanted to see what's in a broadcasting station. but working on saturdays?

"that sucks, i was thinking on bringing you guys out," i said. chenle pouted cutely, "you can just bring me! one person knowing the surroundings is better than none." i nodded, before saying i'll wait inside for him to get ready.

he grabbed his hoodie and his backpack, before saying, "let's go jisung-ie!"

boom. boom. my heart started beating quickly, before i calmed myself down, gesturing for chenle to open the door.

♣️

we walked around the wonders of this secluded neighbourhood in gyeongju. suddenly, a question for chenle popped in my head.

"chenle, do you mind if ask something? it's okay if it's too personal," i asked. chenle nodded, "it's okay, you can ask." he showed his sweet smile once more.

boom. boom. i ignored the pounding and proceeded to ask, "how come you moved to gyeongju? where are your parents? i don't remember seeing them when you first moved in."

he looked down, before smiling again, "they are overseas, in australia for work." he avoided eye contact, as i nodded, thinking something was strange, "ah okay."

we continued our walk around the neighbourhood, but i noticed that chenle's behaviour was different from what it was before. he looked different, sadder to be exact, he felt different too.

♣️

we walked back home, and when we reached our floor i waved and said goodbye. but he nodded and went inside hurriedly. that was definitely not chenle.

[ chenle pov ]

i quickly entered the small flat, afraid of jisung seeing my tears. i sat on the floor, leaning against the chairs that were tucked in under the table. i blinked away the tears before reaching for my phone. i took out the black cover and picked up the family polaroid i kept in my phone cover. i stared at it for awhile before mumbling, "sorry jisung-ie. i'm not ready yet."

-
short chapter.